What is DiscountMagnet?
DiscountMagnet is an advertising-supported application that is responsible for most of the commercial data that you see in your browsers. It is supposed to provide you with the best deals while you shop online, but is actually aimed at making profit for its creators and nothing more. The adware floods your browsers with various adverts that are not endorsed or check by it. It is compatible with all major browsers, so you will not be able to avoid its symptoms. If you want to get rid of the unreliable ads, you will have to uninstall DiscountMagnet from your computer.
How does DiscountMagnet work?
DiscountMagnet works like most other adware. It will show you various deals on the products that you view when shopping online, however, it will also flood you with other ads that will appear no matter where you go online. The site may have nothing to do with shopping at all, but it will still be filled with advertising data. We urge you not to interact with it, because it may be unreliable. If you do not wish to land on a corrupted website, you should avoid all ads until you terminate DiscountMagnet for good.
Although the application is promoted in Chrome Web Store, that is not the only way to acquire it. The adware may have entered your PC without your notice bundled with other freeware. Free software often comes with additional programs that are presented in the installation wizard as optional offers. If you do not decline these offers, you agree to installing potentially unwanted apps automatically. You should not let that happen again, because there is rarely anything useful about these apps. You can avoid installing them by simply choosing the Advanced or Custom mode and declining all optional offers presented to you.
How to remove DiscountMagnet?
Luckily, DiscountMagnet removal should not cause you any difficulties. You can uninstall the application manually or automatically. If you choose to delete DiscountMagnet manually, you will have to eliminate the program from your PC and remove its extension from your browsers. You can use the instructions presented below the article in order to do that. If, however, you prefer to erase DiscountMagnet automatically, you will have to implement a malware removal tool. You can download the anti-malware from our site and use it to scan and clean your computer. The utility will not only help you get rid of DiscountMagnet and other threats that it detects, but it will also ensure your system’s safety in the future by providing it with online protection in real time.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove DiscountMagnetUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall DiscountMagnet. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like DiscountMagnet and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall DiscountMagnet and related programs.
Remove DiscountMagnet from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall DiscountMagnet from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete DiscountMagnet from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove DiscountMagnet from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for DiscountMagnet or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete DiscountMagnet from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase DiscountMagnet from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove DiscountMagnet from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall DiscountMagnet from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable DiscountMagnet and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.