Discover Treasure Removal Guide (Delete Discover Treasure)
Discover Treasure is an advertising-supported application that is very similar to High Stairs, Jungle Net, Wander Burst, Blazer Deals, and many more programs of the same type. It was created using Injekt engine. The files of the adware are signed by Bronze Aid. The main purpose of this or any other adware is to generate web traffic.
That is how the developers of these useless programs make profit. The application will flood your browsers with unreliable commercial data and make it impossible to surf the Web without unnecessary distractions. We recommend that you remove Discover Treasure without hesitation.
How does Discover Treasure work?
The main website of Discover Treasure, discovertreasurenow.com, does not provide a lot of information. In fact, all that the site contains regarding the description of the software is the tagline “Discover the wonders of the web with Discover Treasure”. The application cannot be downloaded from the page either, which means that it gets distributed by other means. More specifically, the adware uses the bundling distribution method. It gets attached to free third party software and is presented during the installation process. If you do not notice it, you agree to installing the ad-supported program automatically. Next time you deal with freeware, make sure that you choose Advanced installation mode and decline all additional offers.
Discover Treasure is compatible with all major browsers. As soon as it gets installed, it starts inserting banners, pop-ups, hyperlinks, and other ads into your visited pages. It does not matter if the site has nothing to do with online shopping, it will still be filled with adverts. What is important for you to know is that these advertisements are not endorsed by the program, which means that you click on them at your own risk. We do not recommend doing so, because some of them are unreliable. Clicking on a fake ad could result in malware infections, financial losses, and other unwanted consequences. That is why you should not hesitate to delete Discover Treasure from your computer.
How to remove Discover Treasure?
There are two options you can choose from when it comes to Discover Treasure removal. You can uninstall Discover Treasure manually via Control Panel or you can clean your PC with an anti-malware tool. Needless to say, automatic Discover Treasure removal is a much more reliable option, because it ensures that you delete all potential threats from your system. If, however, you decide that you want to terminate Discover Treasure manually after all, you can use the instructions provided below the article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Discover TreasureUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Discover Treasure. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Discover Treasure and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Discover Treasure and related programs.
Remove Discover Treasure from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Discover Treasure from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Discover Treasure from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Discover Treasure from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Discover Treasure or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Discover Treasure from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Discover Treasure from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Discover Treasure from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Discover Treasure from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Discover Treasure and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.