DMA Locker Ransomware Removal Instructions
DMA Locker Ransomware is a malicious parasite that first appeared online in the beginning of 2016. It aims at extorting your money by encoding your data files. The malware can infect your computer through spam emails with malign attachments, fake adverts and links, corrupted sites, and more.
Once inside, it uses a strong encryption to make your files inaccessible to you. It then informs you of the fact that you can only recover your data by making a ransom payment. That is not the case. You should disregard the instructions of the cyber criminals and remove DMA Locker Ransomware as soon as you can.
How does DMA Locker Ransomware work?
The harmful application slithers into your computer as a Trojan horse and once it gets installed, it starts the encryption process. It affects various types of files including your databases, videos, images, documents, and other important data. Once the encryption is compete, you will be presented with a ransom note. The threat has several versions and depending on which one of them has infiltrated your PC, the information given in the alert may somewhat differ. The main message of the ransom note, however, remains the same: it states that your files have been locked and if you wish to get them back, you have to pay a set amount of money.
Older versions of the virus ask you to pay 4 Bitcoins, while the newer ones demand 3 Bitcoins at first, but if you fail to make the payment within a certain deadline, the price increases to 4.5 Bitcoins. In case you are wondering how much that is, you should know that 1 Bitcoin equals about 570 USD/510 EUR. There is no doubt that you cannot waste so much money on cyber crooks, especially considering the fact that there are no guarantees that it will actually result in you restoring your data. We urge you to uninstall DMA Locker Ransomware without hesitation and try other recovery methods.
How to remove DMA Locker Ransomware?
The only way to eliminate DMA Locker Ransomware completely is by using a powerful malware prevention and removal tool. The utility will delete DMA Locker Ransomware along with other malign components that it detects on your computer. Once DMA Locker Ransomware removal is complete, the anti-malware will also help you make sure that you do not have to deal with similar issues again by providing you with real-time online protection. You will be able to start your data recovery only after you delete DMA Locker Ransomware for good. You can restore your files from backup, use Windows System Restore feature, or implement one of the file decryptors available online for free.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove DMA Locker RansomwareUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall DMA Locker Ransomware. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like DMA Locker Ransomware and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall DMA Locker Ransomware and related programs.
Remove DMA Locker Ransomware from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall DMA Locker Ransomware from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete DMA Locker Ransomware from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove DMA Locker Ransomware from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for DMA Locker Ransomware or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete DMA Locker Ransomware from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase DMA Locker Ransomware from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove DMA Locker Ransomware from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall DMA Locker Ransomware from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable DMA Locker Ransomware and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.