DMA-Locker Removal Guide (Uninstall DMA-Locker)
DMA-Locker, also known as MadLocker, is categorized as a ransomware infection. It can slither into your computer without your notice and encrypt your important data. This is done in order to demand a ransom payment for your files, hence the name “ransomware”.
The cyber criminals have created this program to make easy profit off of unsuspecting users. They are using scare tactics in order to convince you to pay them the money. You should not do that, because there are no guarantees that they will actually help you restore your files. We suggest that you terminate DMA-Locker without wasting your money on the cyber crooks.
How does DMA-Locker work?
DMA-Locker works in a similar manner to other malicious applications that belong to the same category like Cryptolocker, CryptoWall, TeslaCrypt, Chimera, and others. It infects your computer and encrypts your files using a strong encryption. The file types that it affects include photos, documents, videos, music, and so on. After the encryption is complete, the malware shows you a message, which states that in order to recover your data, you need to purchase a decryption key. Unlike other ransomware, however, DMA-Locker demands that you pay 15 Bitcoins (about $6500) for the key, which is a lot of money considering that usually this type of programs ask for 0.5-1.5 Bitcoins at most. It is clear that risking that much money for something that may not even work is not a good idea.
What you can do in order to get your files back without paying the so-called ransom is restore them from backup. If you do not have your files backed up or if the copies were affected by the infection as well, you can try searching for a reliable file-decryption tool online. Either way, before you do any of that, you need to delete DMA-Locker from your computer. The next chapter explains how you can do that.
How to remove DMA-Locker?
The only way to delete DMA-Locker is to implement a powerful anti-malware utility that will clean your system completely. Manual DMA-Locker removal is out of question unless you have advanced system knowledge. You can download the anti-malware tool from our page. It will scan your PC and detect all components of the malicious threat. It will then remove DMA-Locker and other unwanted files and programs from your computer. In addition to DMA-Locker removal, the security application will also help you make sure that you do not have to deal with similar issues again. It will protect your system from various online infections and provide you with other beneficial features.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove DMA-LockerUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall DMA-Locker. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like DMA-Locker and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall DMA-Locker and related programs.
Remove DMA-Locker from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall DMA-Locker from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete DMA-Locker from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove DMA-Locker from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for DMA-Locker or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete DMA-Locker from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase DMA-Locker from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove DMA-Locker from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall DMA-Locker from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable DMA-Locker and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.