Do-search.com Removal Tips (Uninstall Do-search.com)
Do-search.com is promoted as a “global meta-search engine, which provides best search results from Google, Yahoo! and other search engines at once to save users valuable time.”
Unfortunately, that is not exactly true. The Smott Technology Limited product is nothing but a browser hijacker that can replace your browser settings without your permission. It takes over your browsers after it enters your PC with the help of a freeware bundle. The hijacker causes various inconveniences that are not limited to the unwanted settings modifications. We advise that you delete Do-search.com right away.
How does Do-search.com work?
Do-search.com works like most other browser hijackers. It is compatible with all popular browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer. It changes such settings as your home page, and default search engine. The website that now appears on your desktop every time you go online contains nothing but a search box, search parameters, and links to License, Privacy, and About. If you make use of your new search engine, you will simply be rerouted to Google, which means that the hijacker does not follow through on its promises to bring you the best results from several search engines. You can use Google Search without having to deal with the annoying hijacker.
Another problem associated with Do-search.com is the never-ending ads and redirects to its sponsor sites. This commercial data cannot be trusted as it is not endorsed by the program. It could easily be false and lead you to corrupted pages, where you could infect your PC or get tricked by some other online scam. Not to mention, that this unnecessary content also slows down your Internet browsing speed. As you can see, there are plenty of reasons for you to eliminate Do-search.com from your browsers, which is exactly what you should do.
How to remove Do-search.com?
In order to terminate Do-search.com manually, you will have to delete the application with which it entered your computer. If you are not sure what it is, you can use the free scanner presented on our page to identify it. Once you identify and delete Do-search.com related software, you will be able to restore your browser settings and go back to your original preferences. In case you need more detailed instructions of the manual Do-search.com removal, you can follow the ones that are presented below the article. However, if you want to remove Do-search.com automatically and make sure that there are no other threats in your system, you should implement the anti-malware tool from our page. It will detect and eliminate all unwanted files and programs, and protect your computer from other infections as long as you keep it installed.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Do-search.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Do-search.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Do-search.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Do-search.com and related programs.
Remove Do-search.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Do-search.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Do-search.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Do-search.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Do-search.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Do-search.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Do-search.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Do-search.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Do-search.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Do-search.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.