Domain-error.com Removal Guide
Domain-error.com is a webpage that looks like a reliable search portal, but functions as a browser hijacker. It affects all popular web browsers, so you will not be able to avoid its symptoms by switching to a different one.
The hijacker alters your settings and causes other issues that mostly have to do with promoting its sponsors. Its main goal is to generate online traffic and thus earn revenue for its developers. That is why the hijacker inserts advertising data into your browsers, redirects you to various pages, and more. There are no benefits to keeping it installed. We advise that you delete Domain-error.com as soon as you can.
The browser hijacker gets distributed in free software bundles available on such websites as cnet.com, filewin.com, soft32.com, and similar. During the installation process, you are offered to acquire additional programs. If you skip through the wizard without deselecting anything, you automatically install all of these apps. Potentially unwanted programs are often completely useless, which is why we suggest that you avoid them in the future. You can do that by installing freeware in the Advanced mode and declining all optional offers with which you are presented.
The main symptom of the hijacker is that is alters your browser settings including your home page and default search provider. These settings get replaced with Domain-error.com, which contains a search box, four search parameters, and links to Privacy, License, Uninstall, and About. When you enter a term into the search box, you get rerouted to Google.com. Please note, however, that these results may be altered to include sponsored links. The advertising data inserted by the hijacker will not stop there. You will see its pop-ups, links, banners, etc. on all pages that you go to. It is important for you to know that not all of these ads are trustworthy. If you click on a fake ad, you will risk infecting your PC with malware, wasting your money, or suffering other consequences of a virtual scam. That is why you should not hesitate to remove Domain-error.com.
How to remove Domain-error.com?
In order to eliminate Domain-error.com from your browsers for good, you will have to choose between manual and automatic removal options. Manual Domain-error.com removal can be completed by following the instructions in the removal guide below. They explain how you can uninstall the program with which the hijacker entered your PC and how you can fix your browser settings. If you complete these tasks correctly, you should be able to uninstall Domain-error.com without any difficulty. However, if you prefer to go with a more reliable solution and eliminate not only the hijacker, but also other threats that may be present on your computer, you should delete Domain-error.com automatically. Download the anti-malware tool from our page and let it scan and clean your system.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Domain-error.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Domain-error.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Domain-error.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Domain-error.com and related programs.
Remove Domain-error.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Domain-error.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Domain-error.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Domain-error.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Domain-error.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Domain-error.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Domain-error.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Domain-error.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Domain-error.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Domain-error.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- domain name error com mobile
- guide domain-error ?
- how to fix domain-error com on mac
- how to remove domain-error com from mac
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.