About Dozen Search
Dozen Search is a browser hijacker that mainly attracts travelers. The website has shortcuts to websites like Kayak.com, Uber and has a weather forecast feature. Shortcuts to those websites are legitimate but what is rather worrisome is the search engine. It aims to promote sponsored content so you might find mostly ads in the search results. If you find yourself wondering why Dozen Search is on your computer, you mast have installed it along with freeware. Dozen Search might cause annoyance. It could alter your browser’s settings and change your homepage, new tabs and search engine to its domain. Thankfully, browser hijackers are not very malicious PC threats. All you need to do is remove Dozen Search and you can return to normal browsing.
Why is Dozen Search on my computer?
The most common way browser hijackers, along with adware and potentially unwanted programs (PUP), spread is via free software. Developers attach them to freeware, which basically means that when you install that particular freeware, you install the unwanted items as well. There is no way to avoid such installations if you use Default settings during the installation process. You won’t even know they are attached to the freeware. That is why you need to use Advanced (Custom) settings. They will not only allow you to see what is attached but you will also be able to prevent unwanted items from installing. We recommend you always use those settings as you can never know what is attached to software. If you installed it, make sure you delete Dozen Search.
Why do I need to uninstall Dozen Search?
Dozen Search is a browser hijacker, therefore will not benefit you in any way. It does provide some useful shortcuts but it’s nothing you can’t access yourself in a matter of seconds. It might change your browser’s settings so that your homepage, new tabs and search engine are set to Dozen Search. If you were to use the search engine, you might get confused about the huge amount of ads in the results. It inserts those results among the legit ones so that it could redirect you to certain websites. Those websites earn money from the amount of clicks they get. Besides the annoying redirects, Dozen Search might also monitor your browsing activities. It could potentially have access to your search and website history, and similar. While this information is not sensitive, you still do not want it to end up in the wrong hands. Using Dozen Search is not recommended. You should remove Dozen Search as soon as possible.
Dozen Search removal
Dozen Search removal is possible both manually and automatically. You can use anti-malware software to delete Dozen Search. But if you prefer to uninstall Dozen Search yourself, you can do so by following instructions below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Dozen SearchUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Dozen Search. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Dozen Search and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Dozen Search and related programs.
Remove Dozen Search from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Dozen Search from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Dozen Search from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Dozen Search from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Dozen Search or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Dozen Search from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Dozen Search from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Dozen Search from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Dozen Search from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Dozen Search and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.