Dozensearch.com Removal Guide (Uninstall Dozensearch.com)
Dozensearch.com is classified as a browser hijacker, because it can change the settings of your web browsers without your notice. It is aimed at making profit by advertising its sponsors. The hijacker makes other modifications as well, which are impossible to miss.
It adds commercial data to your visited pages, redirects you to its associated sites, tracks your cookies, and more. There is nothing beneficial about having a hijacker in your browsers, because it does not have any valuable features. We suggest that you delete Dozensearch.com as soon as you can.
The main symptom of the infection is the modification of your home page and default search provider. These settings are switched to Dozensearch.com. The page contains a search box, which presents you with results that contain sponsored links. Various adverts will appear on other sites as well. They will be shown to you in the form of pop-ups, banners, coupons, in-text ads, and so on. These adverts will slow down your browsing speed and expose you to unreliable web content. If you want to avoid online scams, you should avoid clicking on the advertising data brought to you by the hijacker.
You will notice other symptoms like Internet connection slow downs, sluggish computer performance, random redirects, and more. In addition to that, the hijacker is also known to track your cookies and collect data of your online behavior. This information can be used for marketing purposes and sold to third parties. Although it is non-personally identifiable, sharing it with unfamiliar parties is still not the best idea. If you wish to go back to your original preferences and eliminate all of the annoying symptoms caused by the hijacker, you should terminate Dozensearch.com without hesitation.
How to remove Dozensearch.com from your browsers?
You can remove Dozensearch.com from your browsers in one of two ways: manually or automatically. Manual removal option is not that complicated, however, if you think you may have other unwanted apps in your system, you should go with automatic removal instead. If you download the anti-malware utility from our site, it will scan your PC and detect all unsafe files and programs. The software will eliminate Dozensearch.com along with other potential threats. It will also shield your computer from other infections you may catch online. Alternatively, you can go with manual Dozensearch.com removal. It requires you to uninstall the hijacker’s associated application and delete Dozensearch.com from your browsers. Instructions below can help you with these tasks.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Dozensearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Dozensearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Dozensearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Dozensearch.com and related programs.
Remove Dozensearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Dozensearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Dozensearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Dozensearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Dozensearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Dozensearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Dozensearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Dozensearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Dozensearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Dozensearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.