About this infection
DREAMCOMPRESS is an adware infection which could have gotten into your computer via freeware bundles. This method is popular among unwanted program developers because it takes advantage of user carelessness. And users are known to be careless. Adware is attached to free programs as an extra offer, and while it’s optional, if you don’t deselect it, it will be allowed to install.
This is why many users end up with all kinds of unwanted programs all the time. It’s not malicious by itself so no need to worry about it harming your computer but adware generated ads will not always be safe. And in case you haven’t noticed yet, what adware does is it generates ads to show the user, which earns revenue. The ads range from banners to pop-ups, and can advertise all kinds of things. It’s not recommended to interact with them simply because those ads are not reliable. They could expose you to unsafe content, and that could lead to a serious malware infection. The good thing about adware is that it’s easy to notice. Thus you can delete DREAMCOMPRESS as soon as it manages to install.
How to avoid adware infections
Like we said before, adware is attached to freeware as an extra offer, and if you want to prevent it from installing, you need to deselect it. To do this, pay attention to how you install programs. Read the text and make sure you always choose Advanced or Custom settings. They will make added offers visible, and allow you to deselect them. Opt out of using Default settings whenever possible as they will not show anything, and are likely the reason why you have adware in the first place. While those added offers will not bring about serious malware infections, it’s still better to avoid them as much as possible.
Why uninstall DREAMCOMPRESS?
The adware will attach itself to all popular browsers you have installed, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, so it does not really matter which browser you may be using. You will start seeing advertisements, they may appear in banner form or show up as pop-ups. Whatever they advertise, however, we don’t recommended interacting with. They could be promoting some kind of software or asking you to participate in a survey. In the case of the former, we warn you to never download anything from unreliable sources, such as pop-ups. If you are in need of a program, use official stores/sites. Otherwise, you could end up downloading malware. If you are asked to participate in survey, it’s likely a scam trying to get your personal information. You would be promised a prize but it’s all a trick. Never give away your personal data to dubious parties on the Internet, because it will be used against you. Adware will collect certain kind of data about you, mainly what kinds of ads you would be more likely to press on. The longer the adware remains installed, the more relevant the ads will become. If you are seeing a huge amount of them, you browser might also slow down due to the strain. There is no reason why you should put up with all of this, so just get rid of the adware.
Adware can be a bit tricky to get rid of, and you have to erase all of its pieces because otherwise it will recover itself. If you want to remove DREAMCOMPRESS manually, you can find instructions below this article. If you have trouble with the process, you should go with the automatic method. Obtain anti-spyware software and have it take care of everything.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove DREAMCOMPRESSUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall DREAMCOMPRESS. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like DREAMCOMPRESS and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall DREAMCOMPRESS and related programs.
Remove DREAMCOMPRESS from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall DREAMCOMPRESS from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete DREAMCOMPRESS from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove DREAMCOMPRESS from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for DREAMCOMPRESS or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete DREAMCOMPRESS from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase DREAMCOMPRESS from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove DREAMCOMPRESS from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall DREAMCOMPRESS from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable DREAMCOMPRESS and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.