What is Dregol.com?
Dregol.com is an intrusive browser hijacker that is similar to other programs of this type such as Astromenda.com, Binkiland.com, Vosteran.com, Taplika.com and more. The hijacker changes your browser settings as soon as it enters your computer. It also causes other unwanted modifications. It affects all popular web browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. Its main purpose is to generate online traffic for its sponsor sites. There is no point in keeping the hijacker installed as it does not benefit you in any way. We suggest that you delete Dregol.com without delay.
How does Dregol.com work?
Once the hijacker gets installed, Dregol.com is set as your home page, new tab and default search provider. The website does not look too different from other search pages. It contains a search box and allows you to choose from such search parameters as Web, Videos, Images and Games. If you search the web with your new search engine, you will get presented with original results that are filled with sponsored links and ads. We advise that you stay away from these commercials as well as other advertisements provided to you by the hijacker. Some of the presented ads could be fake and clicking on them could lead to serious consequences. That is the main reason why you should terminate Dregol.com.
The hijacker is also known to track your cookies. These cookies could be installed without your permission. They work in the background collecting information about your browsing habits such as what pages you frequently visit, what searches you make and so on. This data is often used for advertising purposes. Moreover, the hijacker may reroute you to its sponsor sites in the middle of your browsing. These sites could also be unreliable. You should not tolerate any of these interruptions. Eliminate Dregol.com from your browsers as soon as you can.
How to remove Dregol.com?
In order to get rid of Dregol.com you will have to uninstall its associated program and then restore your browser settings. Since the hijacker travels in freeware bundles, it is possible that you have several potentially unwanted applications in your system. Therefore, we suggest that you use a malware removal tool provided on our page to erase Dregol.com along with all other unwanted software. The anti-malware will not only clean your PC, but it will also protect your computer from future online infections. If, however, you decide to remove Dregol.com manually, you can use the instructions presented below the article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Dregol.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Dregol.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Dregol.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Dregol.com and related programs.
Remove Dregol.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Dregol.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Dregol.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Dregol.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Dregol.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Dregol.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Dregol.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Dregol.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Dregol.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Dregol.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.