Dridex Removal Instructions (Uninstall Dridex)
Dridex is a banking Trojan that was created for the sole purpose of stealing your online banking credentials. The malicious parasite has other versions including Bugat, Cridex, Feodo, Geodo, and similar.
It spreads mostly via spam email attachments, however, you should know that there are more ways to infect your PC like clicking on corrupted links and fake ads, downloading software from unreliable sources, and so on. That is why it is so important to be careful while surfing the Web, especially if you do not have powerful anti-malware protecting your computer at all times. Needless to say, you should terminate Dridex as soon as you possibly can.
How does Dridex work?
As it has been mentioned, the Trojan spreads via spam email attachments. You may receive the malign email disguised as a legitimate message from your financial service provider. It may claim to come from Evernote message center or simply Evernote. The subject of the email states “File has been sent”. Once you open the email, you see an attached file named DSC_[7 random digits].ZIP. If you download the attachment and open it, you run the parasite’s installer that is presented as a PDF file. The installer connects to the Internet without your permission and downloads Dridex.
The harmful infection is used to steal your personal data. It targets your online banking details as well as your logins and passwords from social networking pages. It injects a malicious code into the official websites of certain financial institutions. Every time you type in your details on these sites, they get collected by the malware. Moreover, the Trojan is also capable of dropping other malicious applications onto your PC that could damage it beyond repair or attempt to extort money from you after locking it down. We urge you not to waste any time and eliminate Dridex right away.
How to remove Dridex?
You can delete Dridex from your computer by implementing a reputable anti-malware tool. You will not be able to remove Dridex manually as it is a complex infection, not to mention that it is probably not the only threat in your system. If you download the malware remover presented on our webpage and install it, the software will perform a thorough scan and detect all malicious files and programs that your PC contains. You will then be able to use it to terminate Dridex and other parasites for good. In addition to Dridex removal, you will also make sure that your computer stays protected in the future as the utility also functions as a malware prevention measure.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove DridexUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Dridex. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Dridex and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version. More...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Dridex and related programs.
Remove Dridex from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Dridex from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Dridex from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Dridex from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Dridex or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Dridex from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Dridex from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Dridex from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Dridex from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Dridex and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.