What is Drivingtabsearch.com?
Drivingtabsearch.com comes from Upside Innovations, Inc. and is classified as a browser hijacker. It is a part of the browser extension called MyDrivingTab. This extension is promoted as a tool that can provide you with quick access to driving directions in your location, traffic updates, and so on. Although the program has an official page, it is also known to travel bundled with other freeware. It is possible that you never intended to acquire the application. If that is the case, you have no reason to hesitate with Drivingtabsearch.com removal.
How does Drivingtabsearch.com work?
Much like other programs that belong to the category of potentially unwanted apps, MyDrivingTab uses the bundling distribution method. It is presented during the installation of freeware and shareware as an additional offer. If you skip through the wizard, you agree to all additional offers unknowingly. That is why it is so important to pay attention to the free software that you install. Always choose the Advanced or Custom installation mode and deselect all optional apps presented to you in the wizard. Otherwise, you will have to deal with unwanted programs again and again.
Once installed, MyDrivingTab adds its own extension to your browsers. It also modifies their settings, more specifically, the home page, new tab, and default search. This is where Drivingtabsearch.com comes in. The website presents you with a search box and such quick access buttons as Google Maps, Mapquest, Yahoo Maps, Bing Maps, and others. If you search the Web with the presented box, you get results from Search.yahoo.com. They include sponsored links. Various adverts will appear on other pages as well. Some of them will be fake, so it would be best for you to stay away from them. If you wish to eliminate the unreliable content from your browsers, you will have to delete Drivingtabsearch.com.
How to remove Drivingtabsearch.com?
You can terminate Drivingtabsearch.com in one of two ways: manually or automatically. Manual removal requires you to uninstall MyDrivingTab from your PC and extensions, and then to edit your browser settings. More detailed instructions on how to erase Drivingtabsearch.com manually are provided below and you are welcome to use them. The more reliable solution, however, would be to implement a malware removal tool. You can acquire the security software on our page. It will perform a system scan and detect all issues. The utility will eliminate Drivingtabsearch.com without any difficulty. It will also get rid of other threats. In addition to Drivingtabsearch.com removal, you will be making sure that you do not have to deal with similar or more dangerous infections from now on.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Drivingtabsearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Drivingtabsearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Drivingtabsearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Drivingtabsearch.com and related programs.
Remove Drivingtabsearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Drivingtabsearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Drivingtabsearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Drivingtabsearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Drivingtabsearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Drivingtabsearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Drivingtabsearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Drivingtabsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Drivingtabsearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Drivingtabsearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.