Duoso.com is a browser hijacker, sometimes referred to as a redirect virus due to its annoying habit of redirecting users. It is not a malware infection and not really a serious one so you should not be too concerned if you find it on your computer. It probably entered your computer when you were installing freeware.
Hijackers are oftentimes added to freeware as additional offers and if you do not notice them during installation, they will be allowed to install alongside. And you will not know until it has already hijacked your browser. It will take over your browser, change settings so that Duoso.com is set as your homepage and new tabs. It may then try to redirect you to sponsored pages so that it could generate income. It will not help you in any way, so there’s no use in keeping the hijacker. Delete Duoso.com.
Why uninstall Duoso.com?
The most obvious sign of a hijacker infection is the change to your browser’s settings. Duoso.com will, without your permission, set itself as your homepage and new tabs and that means that it will load every time you open your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers. These changes are irreversible unless you first remove Duoso.com from the computer. The homepage change is very obvious since the site is in Chinese, and if you do not speak the language, you will be very lost. There will be links provided on the site as well as a search engine, all of which we do not suggest you use. The site does not look safe, especially because it used such a sneaky method to infiltrate. If you use the search engine, you will be taken to Baidu.com and you might encounter plenty of sponsored websites inserted among the legitimate results. A lot of hijackers do this because that is how they earn income. One of the biggest reasons why you should delete Duoso.com right away is the possibility of it being able to lead you to malicious content.
It is not difficult to prevent the installation of hijackers, adware and other kinds of unwanted programs. Since they are attached to freeware, you need to stay vigilant when installing them. Use Advanced or Custom settings because that is where extra offers will be hiding. If there is something, just uncheck the boxes and you can continue installing the freeware. Unless you want to regularly have to uninstall Duoso.com or similar, refrain from using Default settings and instead, choose Advanced.
If you think you can remove Duoso.com manually, you are welcome to do so. You can make use of the Duoso.com removal guide placed below as well. If you do not believe you can do it manually, obtain professional removal software and use it to erase Duoso.com. It should not have issues locating where it is hiding, so it should be quick to eliminate Duoso.com.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Duoso.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Duoso.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Duoso.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Duoso.com and related programs.
Remove Duoso.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Duoso.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Duoso.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Duoso.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Duoso.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Duoso.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Duoso.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Duoso.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Duoso.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Duoso.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.