What is this threat?
EasyDirectionsFinder Toolbar is questionable browser add-on that supposedly helps you manage your travel schedules, routes, etc. It’s also considered to be a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and a browser hijacker. Developed by Mindspark Interactive Network, a known PUP developer, the hijacker will take over your browsers and set its domain as your homepage and new tabs.
It will then try to redirect you to sponsored websites so that it could generate income. That is the main goal of a hijacker, it’s not there to make your browsing experience better. If you do not remember downloading it from the official site, which is likely, you probably got it via free software bundles. From now on, you need to be more careful about how you install free programs because you allowed the hijacker to enter yourself. And in the meantime, uninstall EasyDirectionsFinder Toolbar.
How do hijackers spread?
There is a possibility that you obtained the add-on yourself, though why you would do that is a mystery. If that is not the case, then you must have recently installed free software. It could have been added to freeware as an additional item and because you did not notice it, the hijacker was allowed to install. If you want to avoid these unpleasant installations, make sure to always choose Advanced or Custom settings when installing freeware. They will show you what has been added and you will be allowed to deselect everything. Make sure you uncheck all the boxes and do not let any attached offers enter your computer because unchecking a few boxes is much easier than it would be to remove EasyDirectionsFinder Toolbar or something akin. They are not visible in Default settings, so do not use it.
Why delete EasyDirectionsFinder Toolbar?
The only good thing about a browser hijacker infection is that it’s easy to notice it. It will make changes to your browser and set hp.myway.com as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. It’s a known browser hijacker by itself and will bring nothing good. If you did not install the add-on willingly, these changes are performed without your permission. They are also irreversible unless you uninstall EasyDirectionsFinder Toolbar and then alter the settings. It’s advertised as a tool to help you manage your travel but there are far more reliable extensions to help you with that. Ones that will not hijack your searches and expose you to advertisement content. Be careful when you use the search engine because you could end up on some kind of dangerous website and be led to malware. We strongly suggest you remove EasyDirectionsFinder Toolbar.
EasyDirectionsFinder Toolbar removal
If you have chosen to delete EasyDirectionsFinder Toolbar, you have two methods. You can do it manually by finding where the hijacker is hiding and simply uninstalling it. However, if you do not think you are able to do that, obtain professional anti-spyware software and have it take care of EasyDirectionsFinder Toolbar removal.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove EasyDirectionsFinder ToolbarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall EasyDirectionsFinder Toolbar. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like EasyDirectionsFinder Toolbar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall EasyDirectionsFinder Toolbar and related programs.
Remove EasyDirectionsFinder Toolbar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall EasyDirectionsFinder Toolbar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete EasyDirectionsFinder Toolbar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove EasyDirectionsFinder Toolbar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for EasyDirectionsFinder Toolbar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete EasyDirectionsFinder Toolbar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase EasyDirectionsFinder Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove EasyDirectionsFinder Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall EasyDirectionsFinder Toolbar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable EasyDirectionsFinder Toolbar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.