What is Emailtabsearch.com?
Emailtabsearch.com is a browser hijacker even though it looks like an ordinary search engine. It enters computers in software bundles, so users do not always have an opportunity to decline the installation of this hijacker. The first symptom that a browser hijacker has entered your computer is a new search engine set in the place of your homepage and search engine. It is not a good idea to keep Emailtabsearch.com on browsers because this website is not reliable. Specialists say that its presence might even result in the entrance of malicious software. Many users do not even suspect that Emailtabsearch.com might cause harm to their computers, so they do not hurry to erase it from the system. Believe us; it would be better to remove Emailtabsearch.com right now and then set another search tool instead of Emailtabsearch.com. We are sure that you will see yourself that Emailtabsearch.com cannot be trusted if you read this article carefully.
What does Emailtabsearch.com do?
As Emailtabsearch.com is a browser hijacker, it usually enters computers secretly and then changes the settings of all the browsers it finds installed on the computer. At first glance, it might seem that there is nothing wrong to keep Emailtabsearch.com and use it on a daily basis; however, it is not true. Researchers have managed to find out that this search tool might present users with all kinds of unreliable advertisements promoting third-party websites. As not all these promoted websites are trustworthy, you might end up on a corrupted website containing malware one day. Your privacy might be violated too because these third-party websites might gather personal information. Emailtabsearch.com collects information about users too; however, it is said that it only records non-personally identifiable information. We want to believe what developers of Emailtabsearch.com declare; however, we cannot confirm that Emailtabsearch.com treats users’ privacies with respect too. Therefore, it would be smart to uninstall Emailtabsearch.com right now.
How is Emailtabsearch.com browser hijacker distributed?
Emailtabsearch.com acts like any other browser hijacker, so it is distributed like other similar threats too. It has been found that this infection is usually spread in bundles, so users who wish to protect their computers should always pay attention when installing new software. In some cases, they might be allowed to deselect all those additional applications and thus prevent them from entering the computer. What you need to do too is to install a reputable antimalware tool right after you delete Emailtabsearch.com from your computer. It will make sure that any other infection cannot enter your PC without your permission.
How can I remove Emailtabsearch.com browser hijacker?
The easiest way to implement the Emailtabsearch.com removal is to scan the computer with a legitimate anti-malware/anti-virus tool. There are hundreds of tools available on the market these days, so it might be a dilemma which one to install and use for the Emailtabsearch.com removal. You also need to know that not all of them are reliable. Users often get bad tools from peer-to-peer websites, so we suggest that you do not download a tool to delete Emailtabsearch.com browser hijacker from there.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Emailtabsearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Emailtabsearch.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Emailtabsearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version. More...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Emailtabsearch.com and related programs.
Remove Emailtabsearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Emailtabsearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Emailtabsearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Emailtabsearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Emailtabsearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Emailtabsearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Emailtabsearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Emailtabsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Emailtabsearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Emailtabsearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.