About Exotic Ransomware
Exotic Ransomware is a ransomware type of virus that can encrypt your files. It can get on your computer via spam email and then proceeds to make your files unreadable. After the encryption process is complete, a ransom note will pop-up with a ransom demand. This particular ransomware asks for 50 USD in Bitcoins and victims need to pay in 72 hours if they want their files restored.
The amount of money does not seem big if you have important files that have been encrypted but we do not suggest paying. In most cases, the hackers just ignore the victims after payment has been made and we think the hackers behind Exotic Ransomware will act the same way. Unfortunately, there currently is no decryption key developed by malware researchers. If you have backup, remove Exotic Ransomware and then proceed to restore your files. Be aware that if you use your backup before you delete Exotic Ransomware, those files will become unreadable as well. Even if you do not have backup, you still need to get rid of Exotic Ransomware as soon as possible.
How is Exotic Ransomware distributed?
The most common way ransomware is spread is via spam email. The email might claim that you must open the attachment by saying that it’s some sort of important document. Many hackers behind ransomware use this scare tactic to pressure users into opening such spam emails. If you want to avoid problems, stay away from spam emails. If you can not do that, however, always double check the sender and the contents. If you are unsure, do not open. Just one click of a button can have disastrous consequences.
What does Exotic Ransomware do?
When it downloads onto your computer, it will encrypts certain files. When that process is complete, a message will pop-up. It’s rather impolite, uses swear words and informs victims that their files have been encrypted. In the note, they state that they want 50 USD in Bitcoins in 72 hours if you want your files decrypted. According to them, every 5 hours, files will be deleted and after the 72 hours pass, all left files will be destroyed. Even though 50 USD might not be a big amount compared to some ransomware, we still advise against paying. There does not seem to be an email, which would be used to contact the hackers or an ID, which the hackers would use to determine who sent the money. All this makes one wonder how hackers are going to know who payed and who they need to send the decryption key to. There’s very little chance that they will restore your files, so don’t waste your time. Instead, delete Exotic Ransomware.
Exotic Ransomware removal
Anti-malware software will be needed in order to remove Exotic Ransomware. If you have one, make sure to update it so it can take care of Exotic Ransomware removal. Instructions on how to erase Exotic Ransomware will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Exotic RansomwareUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Exotic Ransomware. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Exotic Ransomware and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Delete Exotic Ransomware using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove Exotic Ransomware from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove Exotic Ransomware
Remove Exotic Ransomware from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete Exotic Ransomware
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete Exotic Ransomware from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete Exotic Ransomware from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.