Explorednow.com Removal Guide (Remove Explorednow.com)
Explorednow.com is classified as a browser hijacker. It is similar to Reeturn.com, Goodasfound.com, Topfindings.net, and some other programs of this type. The hijacker enters your system surreptitiously. It uses the bundling method in order to get installed without your notice. Once inside, the hijacker alters your browser settings.
It also makes other unwanted changes such as flooding you with commercial data, exposing you to unsafe links, redirecting you to unfamiliar sites, and so on. There is no reason why you would want to keep it installed. The sooner you uninstall Explorednow.com, the better.
How does Explorednow.com work?
The hijacker modifies your home page and default search provider as soon as it gets access to your PC. Its main page contains a search box and such search parameters as Web, Images, Videos, News, and Shopping. Unfortunately, if you try to make use of the search engine, you will not be presented with decent results. Instead, you will see various sponsored links promoting the hijacker’s associated pages. Moreover, you will also encounter commercial data on other sites that you visit. Clicking on it is not something we would advise. The adverts may be fake and you could get redirected to corrupted pages containing virtual scams. If you want to eliminate the unreliable ads from your browsers, you will have to terminate Explorednow.com.
There are other symptoms that come with the hijacker that you should be aware of as well. For example, it is known to collect your browsing information including your IP address, browsing history, and more. This data is used to customize the ads you see online and make them appear more relevant to you. You should also keep in mind that the hijacker slows down your Internet connection and affects your computer’s performance. We suggest that you delete Explorednow.com without hesitation.
How to remove Explorednow.com?
There are two options you can choose from when it comes to Explorednow.com removal. You can eliminate Explorednow.com from your browsers manually or automatically. If you choose the first option, you can follow the instructions presented below the article. If, however, you decide to delete Explorednow.com automatically, you can download the anti-malware tool from our page and use it to scan your PC. It will detect all potential threats and terminate them without any difficulty. In addition to Explorednow.com removal, you will also make sure that your computer stays safe and protected in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Explorednow.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Explorednow.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Explorednow.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Explorednow.com and related programs.
Remove Explorednow.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Explorednow.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Explorednow.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Explorednow.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Explorednow.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Explorednow.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Explorednow.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Explorednow.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Explorednow.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Explorednow.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.