What is Fake Chrome Virus?
If you see a bunch of processes having random letters in the Task Manager and their descriptions say that they belong to Google Chrome, it is very likely that there is a serious computer infection Fake Chrome Virus installed on the computer. There is no doubt that it has entered your system without permission and is now performing various activities on your PC without your approval. Specialists say that Fake Chrome Virus might be a Trojan infection. It is hard to notice the presence of these threats, and it is also hard to erase them. Therefore, it might be quite hard to uninstall Fake Chrome Virus too. We do not recommend doing that alone. Before you take action, you should carefully read this report. It should answer all your questions regarding the Fake Chrome Virus removal.
How does Fake Chrome Virus work?
Fake Chrome Virus always works in the background, so users might not notice its presence for a long time. Of course, there are symptoms that indicate the presence of this computer infection. First of all, many users notice that their computers have started freezing from time to time. Also, almost all CPU power is used by the processes created by Fake Chrome Virus, which makes the computer considerably slower. These are only those symptoms users notice. What they do not know about Fake Chrome Virus is that it might gather the sensitive information. It might even try to steal your passwords and banking credentials. The collected information is sent to the Command and Control server, so connections to the Internet are made constantly. Users cannot stop this, but they can remove Fake Chrome Virus from their computers. Do this as soon as possible if you want to use your computer without interruptions and want to keep your personal data safe.
How did Fake Chrome Virus enter my computer?
Such computer infections that work in the background secretly usually enter computers without permission. One of their goals is not to be detected. You could have downloaded Fake Chrome Virus from the web because such threats often pretend to be good programs. Also, it could have entered your PC from a spam email if you have opened it recently. In other words, there are many ways how these threats are spread. Luckily, there is a way to protect the computer. You just need to get a reliable security application and install it on your system.
Check if your version of Google Chrome is fake
Check if you’re using a fake version
- Open the version of Chrome you are using.
- Type chrome://version into the address bar.
- Click Enter.
- If you see a version number of Chrome and Google Inc, you’re using the official version of Chrome.
- If you don’t see a version of Chrome and Google Inc, you’re using a fake version of Chrome.
How can I delete Fake Chrome Virus?
You can rescue your PC by removing Fake Chrome Virus from the system. It is possible to delete Fake Chrome Virus manually, but we recommend employing this method only for those people who are experience in malware removal. If you are not one of them, you should remove Fake Chrome Virus automatically. This is the easiest method to implement the Fake Chrome Virus removal, but you will have to acquire a reputable malware remover first. Keep in mind that not all the scanners available on the market can be called legitimate.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Fake Chrome VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Fake Chrome Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Fake Chrome Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Fake Chrome Virus and related programs.
Remove Fake Chrome Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Fake Chrome Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Fake Chrome Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Fake Chrome Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Fake Chrome Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Fake Chrome Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Fake Chrome Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Fake Chrome Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Fake Chrome Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Fake Chrome Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.