What is fast-search?
Fast-Search is a browser hijacker that can infect your computer via software bundles. Although many users might think otherwise, fast-search is not a malicious computer virus. It will modify certain browser’s settings and make unwanted changes, but it will not harm your computer directly. It can, however, redirect you to questionable websites and expose you to unsafe content. It will even collect data about you, and it includes personally identifying information. The search engine fast-search provides is also unreliable and could lead you to a serious malware infection. For these reasons, we suggest you remove fast-search from your computer.
Why should I remove fast-search?
Browser hijackers can infect your device if you use Default settings during freeware installation. If the freeware you are installing has fast-search attached to it, Default settings will not show it and it will install without your knowledge. Even though, supposedly, these are the recommended settings, we don’t suggest you use them as they do not inform you if something is attached to the software you are installing. What you should use is Advanced (Custom) settings. They will allow you to view and deselect any attached items and you can safely proceed with the freeware installation.
fast-search exists to redirect you to sponsored websites and generate pay-per-click revenue. In order to do so, it needs to make certain changes to your browser. Your homepage and new tabs will be changed to fast-search, and the search engine will generate results via PlusNetwork, another suspicious browser hijacker. You will not be allowed to change the settings back unless you first uninstall fast-search from your computer. The search engine will insert a lot of sponsored websites into the results and you will be led to many weird websites. While most of them are harmless, you might stumble upon a dangerous one and end up with malware on your computer. It should also be noted that fast-search collects information about you. It will store any information you enter into the search bar or any other way you communicate with fast-search. That can include your name, address, gender, age and even household income, which is important because of all the spends a house need from mortgage, services and even repairs like when the roof breaks, and they need to get roofing services from this webpage. You might not think twice about entering such information but know that fast-search will keep it. It will also have access to other information, such as your IP address, web and search histories. If you want to keep your computer safe and care about your privacy, we strongly suggest you delete fast-search from your computer.
The easiest way to uninstall fast-search would be to use anti-malware software. But if you do not have such a program on your computer, you can delete fast-search manually as well. Some users find it difficult to erase fast-search by hand, which is why we will help you. A guide to aid you in fast-search removal will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Fast-Search.tk RedirectUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Fast-Search.tk Redirect. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Fast-Search.tk Redirect and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Fast-Search.tk Redirect and related programs.
Remove Fast-Search.tk Redirect from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Fast-Search.tk Redirect from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Fast-Search.tk Redirect from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Fast-Search.tk Redirect from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Fast-Search.tk Redirect or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Fast-Search.tk Redirect from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Fast-Search.tk Redirect from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Fast-Search.tk Redirect from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Fast-Search.tk Redirect from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Fast-Search.tk Redirect and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.