What is Faststartpage.com?
Faststartpage.com is a browser hijacker that generates money for its developers by showing users commercial advertisements, so if it ever shows up on your browsers, do not expect much from it. To be frank, it is even not advisable to use this search tool to search for the information on the web because it only pretends to be a legitimate Internet search engine. Believe us; those legitimate tools do not display a bunch of commercials expecting that users would click on them. Also, they are never set on users’ browsers without permission. Fortunately, Faststartpage.com cannot be called an extremely dangerous threat. It cannot steal your online banking credentials or other sensitive information, but it can still cause problems, so go to implement the Faststartpage.com removal today. If you feel that you need some help with that, we suggest reading this article till the end because the last paragraph exceptionally focuses on the Faststartpage.com removal.
Why should I uninstall Faststartpage.com?
To be honest, Faststartpage.com is of no use, so there is no point in keeping it set on browsers too. Users who decide not to do anything about its presence risk experiencing security-related problems primarily because this “search tool” displays a bunch of various commercial ads which might be harmful in a sense that they can redirect users to pages with the malicious content. You will not be informed about that in advance, so there are really high chances that malware will successfully enter your computer if you keep surfing websites you are redirected to. These third-party websites promoted by Faststartpage.com might also become threats to your online privacy because specialists have knowledge that some of them might track users with the intention of extracting the personal information. Luckily, there is a way to stop redirections to bad pages. Users can do that by going to delete Faststartpage.com from their browsers. Do not click on suspicious links/ads you find on the web too if ending up on bad websites is not your goal.
Why do I see Faststartpage.com set on my browsers?
All browser hijackers are distributed in software bundles, so there are hundreds of users who have no idea how these computer infections manage to enter their systems. Please pay more attention to free software installation processes the next time to prevent the unwanted software from entering the system. Most probably, you have installed new free software from the web by default if the Faststartpage.com browser hijacker has successfully entered and applied changes. Do not repeat the same mistake again in the future.
How can I remove Faststartpage.com?
There are two ways to remove Faststartpage.com from browsers. Delete Faststartpage.com how you want, i.e. manually or automatically, but do not forget that this untrustworthy URL needs to be erased from all your web browsers (in most cases, it affects Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox). We have only one piece of advice for you – if you decide to delete Faststartpage.com automatically, do this with a 100% trustworthy tool only.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Faststartpage.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Faststartpage.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Faststartpage.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Faststartpage.com and related programs.
Remove Faststartpage.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Faststartpage.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Faststartpage.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Faststartpage.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Faststartpage.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Faststartpage.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Faststartpage.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Faststartpage.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Faststartpage.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Faststartpage.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.