FBI Moneypak Virus Removal Tips (Remove FBI Moneypak Virus)
FBI Moneypak Virus is classified as a ransomware application, because it attempts to scam you into wasting your money by paying the so-called ransom fee. The infection enters your system, locks your desktop and presents you with a fake message that claims to be from a government facility.
The message informs you of the fact that you have committed a crime, which is why your computer has been locked, and that now you must pay a fine. Needless to say, the notification has nothing to do with the real authorities. It comes from cyber criminals trying to scare you into paying them a substantial sum of money. You should not follow their instructions. What you should do is uninstall FBI Moneypak Virus as soon as you can.
How does FBI Moneypak Virus work?
FBI Moneypak Virus is not the only one of its kind. There are multiple ransomware applications that all function in the same manner. This list includes Metropolitan Ukash Virus, GVU Virus, European Law Enforcement Virus, Homeland Security Virus, and many more. The infection gets distributed through Trojan.Urausy.A, which you can download in the form of a malicious email attachment. You may also infect your PC by clicking on corrupted links and fake adverts, or by downloading software bundles from unreliable websites. As you can see, there are plenty of ways you can infect your system, which is why it is extremely important to be cautious while surfing the Web and to have a powerful anti-malware tool installed and updated.
Once FBI Moneypak Virus takes over, it restricts access to your desktop and displays a fake notification on it. The message claims that you need to pay a fine for breaking copyright laws. The amount of the fine may vary, however, you will always be asked to complete the payment through one of the online money transfer systems such as Moneypak, Paysafecard, or similar. Government facilities do not lock computers and they certainly do not accept fines via suspicious online systems. You should not fall for the scare tactics used by the cyber criminals. Do not waste your money on them, and eliminate FBI Moneypak Virus from your computer without delay.
How to remove FBI Moneypak Virus?
The only way to terminate FBI Moneypak Virus is by implementing a malware removal tool. You can use the utility presented on our page. It will scan your system and detect all malicious files and programs. You will then be able to delete FBI Moneypak Virus and all of its components completely. In addition to FBI Moneypak Virus removal, you will also make sure that your computer stays safe and protected in the future. Before you can download the security software and delete FBI Moneypak Virus, you will have to restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking. You can do that by following the instructions presented below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove FBI Moneypak VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall FBI Moneypak Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like FBI Moneypak Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall FBI Moneypak Virus and related programs.
Remove FBI Moneypak Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall FBI Moneypak Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete FBI Moneypak Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove FBI Moneypak Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for FBI Moneypak Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete FBI Moneypak Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase FBI Moneypak Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove FBI Moneypak Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall FBI Moneypak Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable FBI Moneypak Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.