What is Feed.shopop.me?
Feed.shopop.me is a yet another browser hijacker that looks like a legitimate search portal at first. It can affect any web browser as it is compatible with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and other popular browsers. Its main purpose is to generate web traffic. By promoting its sponsors, it earns revenue. That is why the hijacker will not only change your settings, but also insert ads into your visited sites, cause redirects, and more. If you wish to eliminate these symptoms, you will have to get rid of Feed.shopop.me. There is no reason why you should hesitate with that.
How does Feed.shopop.me work?
The hijacker works like most other members of this category. It replaces your home page and default search engine with Feed.shopop.me. This website reroutes you to www.bing.com/?scope=web&mkt=en-ww&FORM=INMODF&pc=IN06, which presents you with a search box, a choice of several background images, and quick access links to MSN, Outlook, etc. In addition to the browser settings modifications, you are also likely to notice an increase in the number of ads that you see online.
The trouble with the advertising content brought to you by the hijacker is that not all of it is safe. In fact, none of the ads are checked by anyone before they reach your browser. You may be presented with virtual scams promoting malware as useful tools, advertising non-existent products, presenting you with fake lotteries or surveys, and so on. These adverts will lower your online safety level and disrupt your surfing sessions. If you wish to get rid of them and other symptoms of the hijacker like redirects, slow downs, and tracking cookies, you should erase Feed.shopop.me without further delay.
How to remove Feed.shopop.me?
You can eliminate Feed.shopop.me from your browsers manually or automatically. Manual Feed.shopop.me removal can be completed by uninstalling the application that entered your PC together with the hijacker and then restoring your browser settings. More detailed instructions on how to complete these tasks are presented below the article. However, if you decide to terminate Feed.shopop.me automatically, you will need to implement a malware removal tool instead. The utility will scan your system, detect all potential threats, and delete Feed.shopop.me completely. It will also help you avoid similar problems in the future by shielding your computer from various online infections including browser hijackers, Trojans, spyware, and other potentially unwanted and malicious programs.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Feed.shopop.meUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Feed.shopop.me. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Feed.shopop.me and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Feed.shopop.me and related programs.
Remove Feed.shopop.me from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Feed.shopop.me from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Feed.shopop.me from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Feed.shopop.me from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Feed.shopop.me or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Feed.shopop.me from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Feed.shopop.me from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Feed.shopop.me from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Feed.shopop.me from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Feed.shopop.me and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.