FetchSearch.com Removal Guide
FetchSearch.com is promoted as a useful search tool that will provide you with relevant search results. In reality, it is nothing but a browser hijacker that will expose you to commercial data. Its About Us page states that Fetch Search is one of the “global leaders in search engine marketing and web traffic generation.”
It enters your system and modifies your browser settings, insert ads into your browsers, reroutes you to its sponsor sites, etc. By disrupting your online surfing experience the developers of the hijacker make profit. There is no reason why you should keep it on your computer as there are no actual benefits to it. We advise that you uninstall FetchSearch.com as soon as you can.
How does FetchSearch.com work?
As there is nothing useful about the hijacker, it is not surprising that most computer users wish to terminate FetchSearch.com soon after they acquire it. Another reason for that may be is that they do not acquire it on purpose. The hijacker travels in freeware and shareware bundles, which means that it is very likely that it has entered your PC without your notice. The bundling method is often used by potentially unwanted programs. Make sure you avoid them in the future by paying close attention to freeware that you choose to install on your computer.
How to remove FetchSearch.com?
There are two ways you can delete FetchSearch.com: manually or automatically. Manual removal instructions are presented below and you are welcome to use them, however, we would recommend that you go for automatic FetchSearch.com removal instead. Download and install the anti-malware tool from our page and use it to clean your computer from all potential threats. You will not only get remove FetchSearch.com, but also make sure that your PC stays safeguarded in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove FetchSearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall FetchSearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like FetchSearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall FetchSearch.com and related programs.
Remove FetchSearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall FetchSearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete FetchSearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove FetchSearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for FetchSearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete FetchSearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase FetchSearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove FetchSearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall FetchSearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable FetchSearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.