What is FileIce File Virus?
FileIce File Virus is a computer virus that tries to force you to take a survey. Some malware specialists consider FileIce File Virus to be ransomware, but you will be glad to know that FileIce File Virus does not encrypt files. It will only lock your computer screen and try to force you to answer a survey. Therefore, it is known as Survey ransomware virus. You can get infected with FileIce File Virus by visiting an infected domain, opening an infected spam email attachment or downloading unreliable software. While it will not harm your computer, you must delete FileIce File Virus as soon as possible. And we suggest you do not put it off ,thinking that you will do it later.
How does FileIce File Virus infect computers?
Spam email is a popular way to spread malicious viruses. An infected file is attached to an email and sent to loads of users. The emails are usually claiming to be from government organizations and pressuring you to open the attachment. When you open the attachment, you will download the virus. You can also get it by visiting dangerous domains. If you have a browser hijacker or adware on your computer, you might be redirected to one of those domains and end up with FileIce File Virus. If you find it on your computer, you must remove FileIce File Virus.
What does FileIce File Virus actually do?
If you have it on your computer, FileIce File Virus will lock your computer. A survey will appear on your screen and insist that you fill it in as FileIce File Virus developers get money when you complete the survey. It will not encrypt your files, as most ransomware does, so if your computer gets locked, do not panic. All you need to do is remove FileIce File Virus and you can return to your normal computer use. Reportedly, if you sign up and fill in the survey, your computer will be unlocked but we feel it’s important to note that if you do fill in the survey, the hackers could get certain information about you. Do not put your personal information in jeopardy and just delete FileIce File Virus. By doing that you will also prevent the hackers from getting money from that survey, even if it’s a small amount.
FileIce File Virus removal
Manual FileIce File Virus removal could be quite complex and if you do it wrong, you might damage your computer . That is why we suggest you use anti-malware software to erase FileIce File Virus. Instructions on how to eliminate FileIce File Virus will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove FileIce File VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall FileIce File Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like FileIce File Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete FileIce File Virus using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove FileIce File Virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove FileIce File Virus
Remove FileIce File Virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete FileIce File Virus
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete FileIce File Virus from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete FileIce File Virus from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.