FileShareFanatic Toolbar Removal Tips (Delete FileShareFanatic Toolbar)
FileShareFanatic Toolbar is a yet another toolbar that belongs to Mindspark Interactive Network and is powered by Ask.com. This application is promoted on its official page, at filesharefanatic.com, as a utility that can allow you to share, store and send your files quickly and easily. It is stated that it can help you send large files using URLs and emails, find secure online data storage, upload and transfer various types of files, and more.
The toolbar works on all Windows systems and is compatible with most commonly used web browsers. It may have useful features, however, it is classified as a potentially unwanted application, because it may enter your PC bundled with malicious software. The program is also capable of changing your browser settings. If you no longer find it beneficial, you should delete FileShareFanatic Toolbar without delay.
How does FileShareFanatic Toolbar work?
Once FileShareFanatic gets installed it adds a toolbar to your browser that contains such quick access buttons as Convert Files, Share via URL, Share via Email, and Other Sharing and Storage. It also has Ask search box on it. In most cases, the toolbar also changes your browser settings. This may be something that you missed during the installation. If you did not notice the offers to alter your home page, new tab, and default search provider when you were installing the program, you unwittingly agreed to making these modifications. Your home page and new tab are now set to home.tb.ask.com, while your search provider is Ask Search. If you make use of this search engine, you will notice that your search results include sponsored ads and links.
Although FileShareFanatic Toolbar has an official website, where you can download it, the application also travels in freeware and shareware bundles. If you did not download it from its main page, you should check your PC for other potentially unwanted programs as the toolbar may not be the only one. We advise that you uninstall FileShareFanatic Toolbar along with other unnecessary software that you may have installed on your PC.
How to remove FileShareFanatic Toolbar?
If you want to eliminate FileShareFanatic Toolbar from your browsers, you will have to delete it via Control Panel and remove its extension from your browser. If you also want to go back to your original home page and search engine, you will also need to edit your browser settings. Instructions on how to complete all of these tasks are presented in the manual FileShareFanatic Toolbar removal guide below. However, there is an alternative to manual removal, which is actually a much more reliable way to go. If you implement the anti-malware tool from our page, you will be able to remove FileShareFanatic Toolbar automatically. In addition to FileShareFanatic Toolbar removal, you will also make sure that your computer stays safeguarded in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove FileShareFanatic ToolbarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall FileShareFanatic Toolbar. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like FileShareFanatic Toolbar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall FileShareFanatic Toolbar and related programs.
Remove FileShareFanatic Toolbar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall FileShareFanatic Toolbar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete FileShareFanatic Toolbar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove FileShareFanatic Toolbar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for FileShareFanatic Toolbar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete FileShareFanatic Toolbar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase FileShareFanatic Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove FileShareFanatic Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall FileShareFanatic Toolbar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable FileShareFanatic Toolbar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.