What is FilmsFriendly Home?
FilmsFriendly Home is a browser extension that might be installed on your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome browsers. Of course, it usually affects the newest browsers. This piece of software does look useful at first glance, but it is far from useful software.
Actually, it is often classified as a browser hijacker by specialists because its entrance is always directly associated with the altered settings of users’ browsers. Of course, they find out that FilmsFriendly Home is capable of changing web browsers’ settings only after they install this extension. Consequently, people do not like what they see and often decide to remove FilmsFriendly Home soon after its installation. Of course, there people who do not install this application willingly on their computers and do not know anything about the program and what it is capable of. If this suspicious extension has affected your browsers without your permission too and, because of this, their settings have been altered, you should remove FilmsFriendly Home if you want to undo them. There is no other way to do that.
What does FilmsFriendly Home do?
FilmsFriendly Home is a browser extension that changes browsers’ settings upon installation on users’ computers. It might change both homepages and default search tools, so do not be surprised that a new page opens when you launch your browser after the FilmsFriendly Home installation. This page might look like a search tool. If it is so, you should still not trust it and/or use it as a tool for searching the web. Never trust search providers that appear on your browsers without your permission because they might show untrustworthy search results and expose you to potential threats. The page set will disappear only when you implement the FilmsFriendly Home removal, so make sure you erase it soon. You should also delete FilmsFriendly Home from your computer because it might record personal information about you in the background.
Where does FilmsFriendly Home come from?
It is not very likely that you have installed FilmsFriendly Home willingly on your computer. It is more likely that it has entered your system without permission. Untrustworthy extensions usually travel in software bundles, i.e. they come bundled, but it could have been installed on your computer in a different way as well. Remove FilmsFriendly Home from your system no matter why it is installed on your computer. The next paragraph will tell you more about the FilmsFriendly Home removal.
How do I uninstall FilmsFriendly Home?
You should be able to remove FilmsFriendly Home from your browsers and undo the changes applied to them quite easily. Specifically speaking, it is possible to do that via the add-ons manager. Of course, if this does not tell you much, you should not try to erase this undesirable application manually. Instead, you should go to delete FilmsFriendly Home from your computer automatically. FilmsFriendly Home is not an extremely harmful malicious application, but it is better to erase it, especially if it has affected your browsers without your knowledge because it is definitely not fully trustworthy software.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove FilmsFriendly HomeUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall FilmsFriendly Home. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like FilmsFriendly Home and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall FilmsFriendly Home and related programs.
Remove FilmsFriendly Home from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall FilmsFriendly Home from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete FilmsFriendly Home from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove FilmsFriendly Home from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for FilmsFriendly Home or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete FilmsFriendly Home from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase FilmsFriendly Home from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove FilmsFriendly Home from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall FilmsFriendly Home from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable FilmsFriendly Home and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.