About this extension
FindMeFreebies is a questionable extension and a potentially unwanted program (PUP) created by Mindspark Interactive Network, a known PUP developer. While they are referred to as viruses by some, generally they aren’t malicious, thus shouldn’t cause too many problems. Nevertheless, the sooner you remove FindMeFreebies Virus, the better.
It will make unwanted changes to your browser, and encourage you to use its services, which will supposedly help you find freebies. It will also provide you a search engine, which it may use to redirect you to sponsored content. Hijackers often redirect users to certain websites so that site owners could make income from traffic. Bear in mind that those sites are not always secure, thus could lead to serious malware infections. PUPs also collect information about its users, which could potentially contain personal data.
Such PUPs are often spread using the bundling method, which means they install without users even noticing. This method is quite widespread among unwanted program developers because it means those PUPs can be installed without needing users’ explicit consent. They are optional, however, and we will explain how to prevent their installation in the following paragraph.
PUP distribution methods
The bundling method involves extra offers being attached to freeware. They are optional, but selected to install by default, and hidden. In order to prevent unwanted installations, you need to pay attention to how you install freeware. First of all, make sure you choose Advanced (Custom) during installation. Those settings will make all additional offers visible. Secondly, uncheck all the boxes that appear. After you have unchecked all the offers, you can continue with the installation. If you’re thinking of allowing those extra offers to install, you should first closely look into them and make sure they will not put your computer in danger.
You can also download the extension from the Chrome web store. If you did indeed install it yourself, next time you install a program, first look into it and read the reviews. If you used a search engine to look into FindMeFreebies, you would see loads of websites explaining how to get rid of it, which is an obvious enough sign that it does not belong on your computer.
What does it do?
FindMeFreebies Virus removal
You have two options when it comes to eliminating this PUP. You can obtain anti-spyware software and have it take care of the infection for you. Or, you can uninstall FindMeFreebies Virus yourself. If you are uncertain about how to do this, you are welcome to use the below provided instructions to help you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove FindMeFreebies VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall FindMeFreebies Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like FindMeFreebies Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall FindMeFreebies Virus and related programs.
Remove FindMeFreebies Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall FindMeFreebies Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete FindMeFreebies Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove FindMeFreebies Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for FindMeFreebies Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete FindMeFreebies Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase FindMeFreebies Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove FindMeFreebies Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall FindMeFreebies Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable FindMeFreebies Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.