What is Foodkia.com?
Foodkia.com is a dubious search engine and a browser hijacker that will take over your browser. It must have entered your computer together with some sort of software you installed. It is not malicious so no need to worry about the damage it could cause to your computer. However, that does not mean it should remain on your computer as it could lead to various issues. A browser hijacker will change browser’s settings and try to reroute you to sponsored websites. It does that because it aims to generate pay-per-click revenue for those web pages. The worrying thing is that it could lead you to a malicious website and you might end up downloading malware accidentally. We strongly suggest you take your computer’s security into consideration and remove Foodkia.com from your computer.
Why uninstall Foodkia.com?
It seems many users are not aware of this but freeware usually comes together with bundled items, like browser hijackers and adware. You can stop them from installing, but you need to know they are there to do so. Most users are not informed because they choose Default settings during freeware installation. Those settings do not show you anything that has been added and choosing Default is essentially you giving the added items the permission to install. What you need to do is opt for Advanced (Custom) settings. You will be able to deselect all that has been added and you will not have to delete Foodkia.com or similar.
Foodkia.com is not malicious. However, it will take over your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers. You will notice that whenever you open your browser, you will be taken to Foodkia.com. This happens because your browser’s settings have been changed and your homepage has been set to Foodkia.com/s/. These changes are made without your permission and cannot be undone unless you remove Foodkia.com first. You will be presented with a search engine that generates sponsored results. If you were to search for something, half of the screen would be filled with ads. Like we mentioned before, Foodkia.com aims to generate revenue so you will end up on all sorts of weird websites. You should be careful when dealing with these kinds of dubious search engines as you could be led to some dangerous pages and end up with a malicious computer virus. We highly recommend you uninstall Foodkia.com before you could end up in trouble.
In order to delete Foodkia.com, you could obtain a reliable removal tool. It would be able to take care of Foodkia.com removal without much issue and with minimal effort from you. However, if you prefer to manually erase Foodkia.com, that is also possible. It should be noted though, that you will need to eliminate Foodkia.com related programs.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Foodkia.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Foodkia.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Foodkia.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Foodkia.com and related programs.
Remove Foodkia.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Foodkia.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Foodkia.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Foodkia.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Foodkia.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Foodkia.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Foodkia.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Foodkia.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Foodkia.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Foodkia.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.