What is Fpseek.com?
Fpseek.com is a browser hijacker that might suddenly hijack your browsers. It entered your computer along with free software bundles and has changed your browser’s settings. It is not malicious and is seen as a low-level infection but it can still bring about damage. The main purpose of a browser hijacker is to generate traffic for sponsored websites and in that way make income. In order to do so, the hijacker needs to redirect you to those sites. And, in some cases, you could be led to dangerous websites and obtain malware if you are not careful. Browser hijackers bring nothing but trouble for users and should not remain installed on computers. You should take the time to uninstall Fpseek.com from your system.
How does Fpseek.com spread?
All browser hijackers spread the same way, and that is via free software. If you download freeware and it has some sort of item attached to it, it will install along with the freeware. You can deselect it but most users do not as they are not even aware of its existence. That is because most users use Default settings, which do not allow you to prevent the added item from installing. You need to pick Advanced (Custom) settings and then you can deselect everything that has been added. If you want to avoid having to remove Fpseek.com, always pick Advanced.
Why should you delete Fpseek.com
As the name browser hijacker suggests, Fpseek.com will hijack your browsers. When you open your browser, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, you will be redirected to Fpseek.com. It has been set as your homepage and you cannot change it until you uninstall Fpseek.com. Fpseek.com presents a search engine in the middle of the screen and if you were to use it, you would be taken to Bing. Fpseek.com does not provide anything new or useful, as you can just go to the legitimate search engine. While it cannot influence the search results and use them to redirect you to sponsored websites, it might still bring about random redirects and pop-up advertisements. Browser hijackers aim to generate traffic for sponsored pages and they have a variety of ways to do it. You need to be careful because while Fpseek.com is not malicious itself, it might lead you to dangerous sites, where you could run into malware, which could seriously harm your computer. We suggest you delete Fpseek.com.
If you have decided to remove Fpseek.com, you have two options. You can either erase Fpseek.com manually or allow a reliable removal program do it for you. Automatic Fpseek.com removal is the quicker option as the program will locate and terminate Fpseek.com for you. To make sure that it does not renew itself again, you need to make sure you eliminate Fpseek.com fully.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Fpseek.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Fpseek.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Fpseek.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Fpseek.com and related programs.
Remove Fpseek.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Fpseek.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Fpseek.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Fpseek.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Fpseek.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Fpseek.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Fpseek.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Fpseek.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Fpseek.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Fpseek.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.