Fr-recherche.com Removal Instructions (Delete Fr-recherche.com)
Fr-recherche.com is a browser hijacker that is targeted towards computer users living in France. The hijacker is compatible with all popular web browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Safari. It can modify your preferences without your approval. The main purpose of the so-called search engine is to promote its sponsor sites.
The hijacker travels bundled with free third party software and users usually install it by accident. There is nothing beneficial about the application, which is why we advise that you terminate Fr-recherche.com without hesitation.
The hijacker alters your home page, new tab, and default search provider as soon as it enters your system. It replaces these settings with Fr-recherche.com, which contains a fake advert, a search box, and such quick access buttons as Facebook, YouTube, Yahoo!, Hotmail, Twitter, and Gmail. The fake advertisement appears at the top of the page and it may change from time to time. If you have an anti-malware utility installed, this ad may be blocked by it. The search box that you can make use of, if you want to, will reroute you to fr.ask.com. The results that it shows you will contain sponsored links. Moreover, they are aimed at French users, so if you do not speak the language, they will be completely useless to you.
Other symptoms of the hijacker have to do with the distribution of commercial data. The hijacker will insert various coupons, pop-ups, banners, and other ads into all sites that you open. It will also reroute you to its sponsor sites in the middle of your surfing. These activities will not only slow down your browsing, but also expose you to unsafe content. If you click on unreliable ads, you will risk infecting your PC with malware or falling for a different scam. We suggest that you avoid clicking on all adverts until you uninstall Fr-recherche.com for good.
How to remove Fr-recherche.com?
Luckily, it is not that difficult to delete Fr-recherche.com. You can do that manually or automatically. If you choose manual Fr-recherche.com removal option, you will have to uninstall the hijacker’s related application and then restore your browsers settings. Manual removal guide presented below the article can help you with these tasks. Alternatively, you can download and implement the anti-malware tool from our page. It will detect all potential threats present on your PC and remove Fr-recherche.com along with them. In addition to helping you with automatic Fr-recherche.com removal, the utility will also stay useful in the future. It will safeguard your computer from other Internet-based infections you may encounter while surfing the Web.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Fr-recherche.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Fr-recherche.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Fr-recherche.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Fr-recherche.com and related programs.
Remove Fr-recherche.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Fr-recherche.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Fr-recherche.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Fr-recherche.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Fr-recherche.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Fr-recherche.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Fr-recherche.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Fr-recherche.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Fr-recherche.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Fr-recherche.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.