What is FreeManualsIndex Toolbar?
FreeManualsIndex Toolbar, developed by Mindspark Interactive Network, is a potentially unwanted program (PUP). It is a legitimate toolbar, advertised as a tool that can help you quickly find manuals. Just like most Mindspark toolbars, it classified as a PUP due to its questionable features. While it has an official website, where you can obtain FreeManualsIndex Toolbar, you can also get it if you install freeware and it has this PUP attached to it.
As soon as FreeManualsIndex Toolbar installs onto your computer, it will make changes to your browser. If you installed FreeManualsIndex Toolbar accidentally, then those changes will come as a surprise as you will not be asked to permit them. It will provide you with a new search engine and it will redirect you sponsored websites. While only slightly annoying at first, those redirect could lead you to dangerous websites, where you could end up downloading malware onto your computer. You should remove FreeManualsIndex Toolbar.
Why should you uninstall FreeManualsIndex Toolbar?
If you do not remember downloading FreeManualsIndex Toolbar from its official website, you’re not the only one. Many users suddenly find that they have this PUP but have no recollection of installing it. FreeManualsIndex Toolbar is attached to free software in a way that allows it to install alongside it. Because users are not even aware of this PUP being attached, they allow it to install by choosing Default settings. Those settings will not show you any added items, and will not allow you to deselect them. You can only do that in Advanced (Custom) settings. Those settings will show you a clear list of added items and you can deselect them. Deselecting is much easier than it would be to delete FreeManualsIndex Toolbar.
Once you install FreeManualsIndex Toolbar, you will be able to search for manuals for free. You will also notice that your homepage, new tabs and search engine have been changed to myway.com, which is a well-known browser hijacker. If you did not install it knowingly, this kind of behavior will come across as intrusive. Especially because you might not be able to undo the changes unless you first remove FreeManualsIndex Toolbar. The search engine will insert a lot of advertisement-related content into the results and will try to redirect you to sponsored websites. That is the main purpose of these kinds of search engines, to generate pay-per-click revenue. You could even be led to rather dubious websites where malware is just waiting for you to enter. If you do not delete FreeManualsIndex Toolbar, you could bring about serious trouble. And you if you are in need of manuals, you can just search for them online.
FreeManualsIndex Toolbar removal
A professional removal tool will be able to uninstall FreeManualsIndex Toolbar. But if you do not have such a program on your computer, you can erase FreeManualsIndex Toolbar manually. However, FreeManualsIndex Toolbar removal by hand takes more time because you will have to locate and eliminate FreeManualsIndex Toolbar yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove FreeManualsIndex ToolbarUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall FreeManualsIndex Toolbar. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like FreeManualsIndex Toolbar and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall FreeManualsIndex Toolbar and related programs.
Remove FreeManualsIndex Toolbar from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall FreeManualsIndex Toolbar from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete FreeManualsIndex Toolbar from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove FreeManualsIndex Toolbar from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for FreeManualsIndex Toolbar or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete FreeManualsIndex Toolbar from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase FreeManualsIndex Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove FreeManualsIndex Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall FreeManualsIndex Toolbar from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable FreeManualsIndex Toolbar and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.