What is FreeShoppingTool Virus?
FreeShoppingTool Virus is a browser extension for Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer. If it ever happens that it is installed on your computer, or you install it yourself, you will definitely notice the changes because a new page will bet set on all your browsers. The FreeShoppingTool application looks quite useful at first glance since it promises to provide users with the best deals, offers, and coupons and thus help users who do shopping online save some money and time. As it often turns out, FreeShoppingTool Virus is far from being perfect, so if you have not installed it yet, you should give a shot to another application instead. It is not a huge problem if FreeShoppingTool Virus is already installed on your computer because you could delete FreeShoppingTool Virus quite easily. We will, first of all, explain how FreeShoppingTool Virus acts and then will let you know more about the removal procedure.
How does FreeShoppingTool Virus work?
Many users decide to uninstall FreeShoppingTool Virus because they find out soon after installing this application on their computers that it has been developed to change browsers’ settings. It sets a new page as a homepage and New Tab. At first glance, the page looks harmless. In fact, it even reminds of an ordinary search provider because it has a search box. Also, it has all these quick-access buttons that allow users to open third-party websites, including weather forecast, shopping deals, and other popular websites with the single click. Despite its legitimate-looking appearance, it cannot be called fully reliable because it has some drawbacks. For example, if you use the promoted search tool for your web searches, you might find sponsored links and advertisements among the search results as well. They are not dangerous themselves, but they might promote shady websites. A questionable website you will be redirected to might trick you into installing dangerous malicious software on your computer. Also, it might try to obtain some personal information. This is one of the reasons we recommend implementing the FreeShoppingTool Virus removal as soon as possible. You should also delete FreeShoppingTool Virus if you do not want a random program downloaded from the web gather various details about you in the background.
Where does FreeShoppingTool Virus come from?
If you are sure you have nothing to do with the installation of FreeShoppingTool Virus on your computer, it means that this threat has entered your system illegally. Various suspicious programs travel in packages called bundled, and it is very likely that this is how FreeShoppingTool Virus has entered your system as well. No worries; you will remove FreeShoppingTool Virus in no time.
How do I remove FreeShoppingTool Virus?
As with any other untrustworthy program, the easiest way to implement the FreeShoppingTool Virus removal is to scan the system with an antimalware scanner. Of course, if you have some experience in software removal, you can erase it yourself in a manual way. If you opt for the manual removal, you will need to delete the extension since FreeShoppingTool Virus is nothing more than a browser add-on.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove FreeShoppingTool VirusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall FreeShoppingTool Virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like FreeShoppingTool Virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall FreeShoppingTool Virus and related programs.
Remove FreeShoppingTool Virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall FreeShoppingTool Virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete FreeShoppingTool Virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove FreeShoppingTool Virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for FreeShoppingTool Virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete FreeShoppingTool Virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase FreeShoppingTool Virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove FreeShoppingTool Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall FreeShoppingTool Virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable FreeShoppingTool Virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.