What is Funnysearching.com?
Despite the fact that Funnysearching.com may seem like a useful home page, it is classified as a browser hijacker. This means that it takes unwanted actions, once it takes over your browsers. One of them is the browser settings modifications, while others include flooding you with advertising data, causing redirects, tracking your online behavior, and more. These symptoms are all linked to the hijacker’s main goal, which is to promote its sponsors and thus make money for its developers. Unfortunately, you as a computer user do not benefit from it at all. That is why we suggest that you terminate Funnysearching.com right away.
How does Funnysearching.com work?
All browser hijackers work in a more or less similar manner. Their most obvious symptom is that they alter browser settings. In this case, your home page and default search engine were replaced by Funnysearching.com. The website contains a search box, a greeting, date and time. If you enter a query into the box presented on it, you will get results with sponsored links. The advertising data will also appear on other pages that you go to regardless of their content.
As you may have already noticed, some of the ads that you see on the Internet look somewhat suspicious. You should keep in mind that you alone are responsible for clicking on the adverts, so if you interact with a fake one and fall for a scam as a result, you will not be able to blame the hijacker’s creators. Needless to say, it would be best to stay away from all ads until you get rid of Funnysearching.com, just to be safe. Please note that some of the advertisements may be based on your surfing habits. The hijacker tracks your cookies thus collecting information about your visited sites, searched terms, etc. This data is used for creating personalized ads. No matter how beneficial the ad may seem, however, it can still be unreliable.
How to remove Funnysearching.com?
There are two options for you to choose from, if you wish to erase Funnysearching.com. One of them is manual removal. Manual Funnysearching.com removal instructions are presented below the article, so if you decide to go with it, you can follow them. They explain how to uninstall the potentially unwanted app that came with the hijacker and fix your browsers. Alternatively, you can delete Funnysearching.com automatically. This solution is much more effective as it allows you to not only eliminate Funnysearching.com and other possible threats, but also to make sure that your PC stays safeguarded moving forward. All you have to do is implement the anti-malware tool from our site and it will do the rest for you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Funnysearching.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Funnysearching.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Funnysearching.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Funnysearching.com and related programs.
Remove Funnysearching.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Funnysearching.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Funnysearching.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Funnysearching.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Funnysearching.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Funnysearching.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Funnysearching.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Funnysearching.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Funnysearching.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Funnysearching.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- how to delete funnysearching
- how to uninstall funnysearching com
- remove funny searching com
- remove funny searching from chrome
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.