Funsafetab.com Removal Guide
Funsafetab.com is a webpage that promotes the Fun Safe Tab extension. The site states that this extension can add the security tools necessary for you to surf the Web safely. It is supposed to allow you to scan files for threats, access top security sites, detect website vulnerability, and more. The application is compatible with Windows versions and all major browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and others.
Once you install it, it changes your browser settings including your new tab, home page, and default search engine. The application is not nearly as useful as it claims to be. We advise that you delete Funsafetab.com from your browsers without hesitation.
How does Funsafetab.com work?
Once the unwanted extension gets installed, it changes your browser settings to Search.funsafetab.com. This site appears on your screen each time that you open your browser or click on a new tab. The page provides a search box and such links as Scan PC, Test Internet Speed, Scan Link, and Scan File. The first link redirects you to a webpage that is a blocked by various security tools and labeled as “potentially dangerous”. This alone should be reason enough for you to want to remove Funsafetab.com.
If you make use of your new search engine, you will get rerouted to Search.yahoo.com. These results will contain sponsored links. You will see advertising data on other pages that you visit as well. Keep in mind that the hijacker does not hold any responsibility for the content that it shows you, so you click on it at your own risk. It would be best to avoid all ads until you terminate Funsafetab.com. Once you do delete it, you will be able to go back to normal online surfing without having to deal with fake adverts, redirects, slow Internet connection, and other issues.
How to remove Funsafetab.com?
You can uninstall Funsafetab.com manually or automatically. If you choose manual removal option, you will have to uninstall the program and its extension from your computer and your browsers. Afterwards, you will also need to fix your browser settings. Instructions below can help you with these tasks. As an alternative to manual Funsafetab.com removal, you can implement an anti-malware utility and clean your PC automatically. The malware remover can be downloaded from our page. It will scan your computer and detect all unwanted elements. The security software will not only delete Funsafetab.com along with other threats, but it will also ensure your system’s safety in the future by functioning as a malware prevention tool.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Funsafetab.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Funsafetab.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Funsafetab.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Funsafetab.com and related programs.
Remove Funsafetab.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Funsafetab.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Funsafetab.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Funsafetab.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Funsafetab.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Funsafetab.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Funsafetab.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Funsafetab.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Funsafetab.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Funsafetab.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.