What are GamerHippo Ads?
GamerHippo Ads start appearing on your screen after you install GamerHippo onto your computer. The application is supposed to allow you to play “Gold Games” on the the GamerHippo website. Unfortunately, the software also floods you with various adverts, which is why it falls into the category of ad-supported programs. It is compatible with all major browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and others. This means that you will not be able to get rid of GamerHippo Ads by switching to a different browser. What you have to do instead is uninstall the adware from your computer.
How does GamerHippo work?
The GamerHippo website is an online gaming page that allows you to play various games that are divided into such categories as Arcade, Puzzle, Action, Strategy, Adventure, and Sports. It also has a category called Gold Games, which requires you to download an application onto your computer before you can play them. If you have a reputable anti-malware tool on your PC, it will most likely block this application. The GamerHippo program is classified as potentially unsafe by several security utilities. It is, however, also possible that you did not download the software from the website. If so, it means that it entered your computer bundled with freeware. It also means that you may have additional unwanted apps in your system.
Once GamerHippo gets installed, it begins inserting advertisements into your browsers. These ads are labeled “Powered by GamerHippo”, “Brought by GamerHippo”, “GamerHippo Ads”, and similar. They appear in your browsers regardless of which pages you choose to visit. You should know that the commercial data is not endorsed by the application. It could be false and clicking on it could result in you landing on corrupted websites containing scams. If you do not wish to risk your computer’s safety, you should eliminate GamerHippo Ads from your browsers as soon as possible.
How to remove GamerHippo Ads?
As it has already been stated, in order to erase GamerHippo Ads from browsers, you have to uninstall the program that generates them, i.e. GamerHippo. This can be done manually or automatically. If you choose the manual GamerHippo Ads removal option, you can follow the instructions that are presented in the removal guide below the article. If, on the other hand, you want to make sure that you do not have any other unwanted apps in your system, you should delete GamerHippo Ads automatically. You can download the anti-malware utility from our site and use it to scan and clean your PC. The malware remover will not only help you eliminate GamerHippo Ads, but it will also safeguard your computer from similar and more serious online threats.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove GamerHippo AdsUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall GamerHippo Ads. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like GamerHippo Ads and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall GamerHippo Ads and related programs.
Remove GamerHippo Ads from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall GamerHippo Ads from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete GamerHippo Ads from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove GamerHippo Ads from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for GamerHippo Ads or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete GamerHippo Ads from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase GamerHippo Ads from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove GamerHippo Ads from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall GamerHippo Ads from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable GamerHippo Ads and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.