Gamesfanatic.com Removal Tips
Gamesfanatic.com is classified as a browser hijacker that modifies your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox without the user’s consent. Once the hijacker is installed to your PC, it will set a new homepage, default search engine, and tab URL. In other words, every time you try to open a new page, you will be first redirected to gamesfanatic.com.
Moreover, you will not be able to make changes to your internet browser because gamesfanatic.com infiltrates helper objects in your PC. We think you can agree that this will decrease your web surfing experience. You will only solve this problem, if you delete gamesfanatic.com from your computer.
The hijacker may seem trustworthy because it takes the search results from https://us.search.yahoo.com; and Yahoo is a well-known search engine. However, if you compare the normal search results with the results that you find by using gamesfanatic.com, you will see that there are much more ads in gamesfanatic.com version. Moreover, gamesfanatic.com is usually installed without explicit user’s authorization via bundled freeware. Thus, the application should not be trusted; more than that, we recommend to remove gamesfanatic.com as soon as possible.
What can gamesfanatic.com do to my PC?
Gamesfanatic.com has many similarities with other browser hijackers, for instance, cassiopesa.com and super-page.com. The hijackers are known to be unreliable; thus, you should take care of gamesfanatic.com removal without hesitation. Unless you want that your computer would constantly display a large number of useless and annoying ads.
How can I install gamesfanatic.com to my computer?
As many other browser hijackers, gamesfanatic.com reaches your computer via bundled freeware. If you have recently downloaded free of charge software from an unknown website, this is the reason why you need to get rid of gamesfanatic.com at the moment. The hijacker asks for your permission in order to get installed; however, it is easy not to notice that, if you have chosen the “Recommended” installation mode. You should always select “Advanced” or “Custom” options because unwanted programs are usually hidden there. However, if you have already found the hijacker in your computer’s system, you should uninstall gamesfanatic.com immediately.
How to remove gamesfanatic.com from my PCs system?
To terminate Gamesfanatic.com may be a challenging process, especially if you have never eliminated a hijacker before. However, you should not let some program to take control over your computer’s system.
In order to eliminate gamesfanatic.com, you may want to use our manual removal guide that you can find bellow this article. Or you can always erase the program automatically by installing a reputable antispyware software.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Gamesfanatic.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Gamesfanatic.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Gamesfanatic.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Gamesfanatic.com and related programs.
Remove Gamesfanatic.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Gamesfanatic.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Gamesfanatic.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Gamesfanatic.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Gamesfanatic.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Gamesfanatic.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Gamesfanatic.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Gamesfanatic.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Gamesfanatic.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Gamesfanatic.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.