What is Gamestabsearch.com?
Gamestabsearch.com is a browser hijacker that can alter your browser preferences including your home page and default search provider. It was developed by Upside Innovations, Inc., a company that is also responsible for Musictabsearch.com, Coupontabsearch.com, and some other hijackers. The main purpose of the application is to promote its sponsors as that is how it makes profit for the company. It will not only modify your settings, but also insert ads into your favorite sites, cause redirects, and so on. If you wish to eliminate these annoying symptoms, you will have to delete Gamestabsearch.com.
How does Gamestabsearch.com work?
Browser hijackers often use the bundling distribution method to spread online, so it is rather likely that you acquired Gamestabsearch.com by accident, when installing some other freeware. Potentially unwanted apps that appear as additional offers in the installation wizard can be avoided, however, you need to choose the Advanced mode and pay attention to every step of the wizard. If you fail to do so, you agree to adding unfamiliar programs to your PC without even realizing it.
After the hijacker gets access to your system, it alters your browser settings. Your home page and default search engine get switched to Gamestabsearch.com. The site presents you with a search box and quick access buttons that lead to such pages as Miniclip.com, Bigfishgames.com, Twitch.tv, Facebook, YouTube, and some others. If you input a query into the box, you will get results powered by Yahoo Search. They will include sponsored links. In addition to this advertising content, you will also see ads on other pages that you visit. They will appear in the form of pop-ups, banners, coupons, links, and so on. Interacting with them is not something that we would advise, because not all of the ads are safe. If you do not wish to get exposed to various online scams, you should stay away from all adverts until you get rid of Gamestabsearch.com.
How to remove Gamestabsearch.com?
You can erase Gamestabsearch.com from your web browsers manually or automatically. We advise the second option, because it is more beneficial. If you acquire the anti-malware software from our page, it will detect all potential threats on your computer and eliminate Gamestabsearch.com along with them. Moreover, the malware remover will also protect your PC from other online infections as it comes with malware prevention capabilities. The alternative solution is to terminate Gamestabsearch.com manually. You can do that by uninstalling the application that entered your PC with the hijacker and fixing your web browser settings. Manual Gamestabsearch.com removal instructions are presented right below and you can use them for your convenience.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Gamestabsearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Gamestabsearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Gamestabsearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Gamestabsearch.com and related programs.
Remove Gamestabsearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Gamestabsearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Gamestabsearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Gamestabsearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Gamestabsearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Gamestabsearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Gamestabsearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Gamestabsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Gamestabsearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Gamestabsearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.