About this infection
Gamez4Tops.com pop-ups are likely caused by an adware infection. You can tell if it’s an infection by the amount of times you see the ads. If you encounter it once or twice, you probably got redirected from a dubious website. If you see the pop-ups regularly and they are difficult to close, it’s likely adware. Pop-ups and redirects from this threat would be advertising games and possibly software, but you should be careful about engaging with them.
Mainly because advertisement-supported software generated ads will not always be safe. Some could lead to more serious threats, such as malware. So instead of interacting with them, delete Gamez4Tops.com. However, adware itself is not the most malicious threat you could get. And if you are wondering how you managed to get it, it was attached to freeware as an extra offer. When you installed the program, you must have not noticed it, and thus, it was allowed to install, without you even noticing. This is not unusual because those items are usually hidden, thus are difficult to deselect. Nevertheless, in the following paragraph, we will explain how to avoid these unwanted installations.
How does it spread spread?
These kinds of threats are added to freeware as extra offers. You can usually encounter them when you download programs from unreliable sources. When installing a program, it is essential that you pay attention to the process, read everything carefully, and make sure to use Advanced or Custom settings. If anything has been added to the program, those settings will show you. And if something appears, uncheck the boxes. Deselecting the items prevents them from installing, and you can safely proceed with the program installation. You should always use those settings instead of Default, and don’t rush installation processes because you could end up with all kinds of infections otherwise.
What does it do?
Usually, users notice that something is wrong, although they might not associate the behavior with adware. Ads and pop-ups will start appearing, you’ll get redirected, and your browser will start running slower then usual. The ads will pop-ups randomly, whether you are using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, and will be hard to close. You’ll most encounter game ads, maybe suggestions to play something, but the occasional software download suggestion might also pop up. Whatever you are shown, you should avoid engaging with the ads because while the adware is not malicious itself, the ads could be. If you are offered to download and install some software, think carefully. Whether the programs seems useful or not, the main point is that ads are not secure sources for programs. You could end up downloading something malicious instead of the intended program. If you are in need of a program, use legitimate sources, like browser stores, etc. Otherwise, you are risking infecting your computer with malware. Same goes with quizzes that offer you free prizes. Do not trust them with your personal information. For the most part, they are created to fool users into providing personal information. You will not get anything, besides an increase in spam emails and possible scam phone calls. You might also notice that the ads become somewhat more personalized, and that’s because these kinds of threats tend to follow users’ browsing sessions, collecting information about what they could be interested in. We doubt you enjoy dealing with the ads, so just remove Gamez4Tops.com.
The process is not difficult and you can choose from two methods to uninstall Gamez4Tops.com. If you prefer to do it yourself, you will have to find where the infection is hiding, but you are welcome to use the instructions we have provided below this article. However, there is also the automatic options. Obtain anti-spyware software, scan your computer and eliminate all threats that appear in the scan results. If you no longer see the advertisements, you have successfully gotten rid of the infection.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Gamez4Tops.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Gamez4Tops.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Gamez4Tops.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Gamez4Tops.com and related programs.
Remove Gamez4Tops.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Gamez4Tops.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Gamez4Tops.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Gamez4Tops.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Gamez4Tops.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Gamez4Tops.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Gamez4Tops.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Gamez4Tops.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Gamez4Tops.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Gamez4Tops.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.