GetitHD Removal Instructions (Remove GetitHD)
GetitHD is promoted as a utility that can help you improve the quality of YouTube videos. It main site, getithd.com, states that the application will “enhance your viewing pleasure” by automatically loading videos in HD. By the way, if you try to access this site, you will be informed by your browser that the page has been reported to contain unsafe software.
Clearly, that is not a good sign. It is, however, completely true: GetitHD cannot be trusted. It does not function the way it is supposed to and it does not have any other useful features either. All it does is flood you with unreliable commercial data, which is why the program is classified as ad-supported. We suggest that you terminate GetitHD as soon as you can.
How does GetitHD work?
Although the adware has an official page, which is blocked by Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, the application can also travel bundled with other freeware. That is why it is so important that you pay attention to every step of free software installation wizards. Potentially unwanted and ad-supported programs usually are presented as additional offers. They can be declined, which is exactly what you should do no matter how beneficial the application may appear to be.
How to remove GetitHD?
Fortunately, you should be able to uninstall GetitHD via Control Panel. You can use the instructions presented below the article, if you decide to go with manual removal. If, on the other hand, you want to delete GetitHD automatically, you can download the anti-malware tool from our page and scan your computer with it. The software will detect all potential threats and terminate GetitHD along with them. The utility also functions as a malware prevention measure, so in addition to GetitHD removal you will also make sure that you never have to deal with similar issues again.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove GetitHDUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall GetitHD. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like GetitHD and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall GetitHD and related programs.
Remove GetitHD from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall GetitHD from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete GetitHD from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove GetitHD from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for GetitHD or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete GetitHD from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase GetitHD from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove GetitHD from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall GetitHD from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable GetitHD and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.