What is Getsportscore?
Getsportscore is promoted on its official page as a tool that can provide you with “easy access to the sports world”. Although it can be downloaded from Chrome Store, the extension also travels in free software bundles. There is nothing useful about it. It basically functions as an ad-supported program and a browser hijacker. The main purpose of the useless app is to boost online traffic. That is how it makes money for its creators. If you wish to get rid of all symptoms caused by the application, you have to terminate Getsportscore for good.
How does Getsportscore work?
As we have already mentioned, Getsportscore can be downloaded from Chrome Store, however, it is rather likely that that is not how it ended up in your system. The unwanted application uses the bundling method to spread online, which means that it is possible that you acquired it unwittingly. When you install free third party software, you need to be sure that you pay attention to every step of the installation wizard. If you are presented with a choice between Recommended and Advanced installation modes, always choose the latter one. The Advanced mode will allow you to deselect all additional programs from the wizard. That way, you will install only the software that you actually need.
After Getsportscore gets access to your system, you will notice that the number of ads you see online has dramatically increased. The adverts generated by the extension appear on all pages that you open. Some of them are not reliable. You will be exposed to false advertising data, which is why we recommend to stay away from all ads altogether. The program may also alter your browser settings without your permission switching your home page and default search to Feed.getsportscore.com. You are likely to experience redirects to its sponsored sites in the middle of your surfing as well. It is clear that you cannot browse the Web with these constant interruptions. In order to stop them, you have to delete Getsportscore.
How to remove Getsportscore?
You can erase Getsportscore manually or automatically. If you choose manual Getsportscore removal option, you will have to uninstall the unwanted program from your computer and possibly fix your browser settings. Manual removal instructions are presented below the article and you are welcome to use them for your convenience. If, on the other hand, you choose the more reliable solution, you will need to implement an anti-malware tool. The malware remover can be acquired on our site. It will perform a system scan and eliminate Getsportscore together with other threats that it finds. In addition to Getsportscore removal, the utility will also ensure your PC’s safety in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove GetSportScoreUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall GetSportScore. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like GetSportScore and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall GetSportScore and related programs.
Remove GetSportScore from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall GetSportScore from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete GetSportScore from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove GetSportScore from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for GetSportScore or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete GetSportScore from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase GetSportScore from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove GetSportScore from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall GetSportScore from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable GetSportScore and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.