What is Gnoosi.net?
Gnoosi.net is promoted as a French search engine that can provide you with highly relevant information. Its main page also states that Gnoosi guarantees the security of your personal data. Unfortunately, the webpage functions as a browser hijacker, which means that it can replace your settings without your notice. It usually travels in free software bundles and comes as a part of the Gnoosi Toolbar. The main purpose of the hijacker is to generate online traffic. It uses various tactics in order to do so. If you want to go back to your original browser preferences, you will have to terminate Gnoosi.net.
How does Gnoosi.net work?
The most obvious symptom of the hijacker is that it changes your home page and default search provider to Gnoosi.net. This site contains a search box and such search parameters as Web, Images, Videos, and News. When you enter a term into the box, you get results that contain lots of ads and sponsored links. This is certainly not the best way to search for information online. Moreover, you will also notice that various adverts appear on other sites that you visit. You should avoid clicking on these ads no matter what they promote.
We advise against clicking on the adverts brought to you by the hijacker, because you cannot be sure that they are safe. The hijacker does not check or endorse the content that it shows you, so it could easily be fake. If you click on a fake advert, you will get rerouted to a corrupted website. Depending on the type of scam that it contains, you may suffer financial losses, infect your PC with malicious programs, and so on. You should not take such unnecessary risks. If you want to improve your online safety level and eliminate all unwanted interruptions, you should get rid of Gnoosi.net without hesitation.
How to remove Gnoosi.net?
You can delete Gnoosi.net from your browsers manually or automatically. Manual Gnoosi.net removal requires you to complete two tasks. First, you need to uninstall the application that arrived with the hijacker (it could be Gnoosi Toolbar or some other program) and then fix your browser settings. Both of these tasks are described in the manual Gnoosi.net removal guide below the article, which you are welcome to use. Alternatively, you can erase Gnoosi.net with the help of an anti-malware tool. The utility can be downloaded from our page. It will scan your PC, detect all threats, and delete Gnoosi.net along with them. In addition to that, it will also allow you to make sure that your computer stays safe and protected from future online infections.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Gnoosi.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Gnoosi.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Gnoosi.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Gnoosi.net and related programs.
Remove Gnoosi.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Gnoosi.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Gnoosi.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Gnoosi.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Gnoosi.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Gnoosi.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Gnoosi.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Gnoosi.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Gnoosi.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Gnoosi.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.