About this threat
Go.querymo.com is a browser hijacker that will constantly hijack your searches. If you have this infection on your computer, all searches you perform will lead via this website to Yahoo. While hijackers are not malicious, these kinds of actions are still very annoying. It’s most likely aiming to gain revenue from advertisements so it’s not really useful to you.
All hijackers are essentially the same, they use you to get income but provide nothing useful in return. Keeping the hijacker is not recommended, even if it will not directly harm your computer. Mainly because it will take over your searches and you will be stuck with Yahoo as your default search engine if you had something else set. Hijackers use the bundling method to spread so if you want to avoid these kinds of infections, you need to pay closer attention to how you install programs onto your system. And don’t forget to delete Go.querymo.com.
What are hijacker infection methods?
The most likely way you got the infection was via freeware. It’s not a secret that free programs usually come together with unwanted programs, such as hijackers or adware. They are easily avoidable, however. You can do so by picking Advanced or Custom settings when installing freeware and unchecking all the extra offers that appear there. This will ensure that no unwanted program will get inside your computer without your explicit permission. You should avoid using Default settings because they do not show added offers, and you will be unable to deselect them, thus will be stuck having to remove Go.querymo.com or similar over and over again.
What does it do exactly?
If you have this particular hijacker, you might not even notice it at first. All your searches, whether performed via some legitimate search engine or browser address bar, will be redirected to Yahoo. If you do not really pay attention, you might miss that before Yahoo, you are redirected to Go.querymo.com. The hijacker has changed your default search engine and now you may be encountering sponsored. You will also not be able to change anything until you uninstall Go.querymo.com, so you should perform it as soon as possible. There might be those people that choose to ignore the issue, after all Yahoo is completely legitimate. While that is true, if you did not change your search engine yourself, you should not put up with it. Hijackers are not malicious infections, but they do generate income by redirecting you so expect that to happen all the time. When you decide you have had enough, simply delete Go.querymo.com.
It is important you do not delay Go.querymo.com removal any longer. You can take care of it manually but this may take a longer time as you will have to find the hijacker yourself. For an easier option, obtain anti-spyware software and have it remove Go.querymo.com. It does not really matter which method you use, as long as you uninstall Go.querymo.com fully.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Go.querymo.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Go.querymo.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Go.querymo.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Go.querymo.com and related programs.
Remove Go.querymo.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Go.querymo.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Go.querymo.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Go.querymo.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Go.querymo.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Go.querymo.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Go.querymo.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Go.querymo.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Go.querymo.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Go.querymo.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.