What is GoGameGo?
GoGameGo is a Google Chrome extension that supposedly allows you to play different games. It falls into the browser hijacker category due to its questionable features. It is available for download on the official website but it could also be obtained via free software bundles. It is not a malicious computer virus so if it is on your computer, there is no need to worry too much. However, it will make changes and hijack your browser, sometimes without your permission. It will also attempt to redirect you to sponsored websites so that it could generate traffic. While you do not need to worry about the hijacker harming your computer directly, you should be concerned about the redirects. Some browser hijackers could lead users to dangerous websites where malware could be lurking. You have no need to for a browser hijacker, and we suggest you delete GoGameGo as soon as possible.
Why do you need to remove GoGameGo?
Firstly, you need to understand how you managed to install this hijacker. It is not a malicious computer virus so it needs your permission to enter your system. It does that by attaching itself to free software. When you install freeware that has items attached to it, you need to use Advanced (Custom) settings. In those settings, you will be able to deselect everything that has been added. If you do not deselect those items, they will install automatically. The reason you have GoGameGo on your computer is because you chose Default settings, the ones where you cannot deselect anything. Always opt for Advanced mode, and you will not have to uninstall GoGameGo or similar.
As soon as you install GoGameGo, it will take over your browser. It will make changes to your Google Chrome browser and if it entered your computer via software bundles, the changes will alarm you. Your homepage, new tabs and search engine will be changed to search.mysearch.com. It should be noted that the changes cannot be undone until you delete GoGameGo. The website does not look suspicious so you might not be worried about the change and use it. It provides links to various often used web pages, such as Gmail, Yahoo, YouTube and Facebook. If you launch a search using the search engine, you will quickly notice that it inserts a lot of sponsored content into the results. Those sponsored websites might have nothing to do with what you were searching for and you are redirected there so that pay-per-click revenue could be generated. There is also a higher possibility of obtaining malware if you have a browser hijacker on your computer. If you care your computer’s security, we suggest you uninstall GoGameGo.
If you choose to remove GoGameGo, you have two options. If you pick automatic GoGameGo removal, you will need to obtain a reliable removal program. Otherwise, you will need to locate and erase GoGameGo yourself. You are welcome to use the provided guide below this article to help your eliminate GoGameGo.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove GoGameGoUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall GoGameGo. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like GoGameGo and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall GoGameGo and related programs.
Remove GoGameGo from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall GoGameGo from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete GoGameGo from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove GoGameGo from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for GoGameGo or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete GoGameGo from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase GoGameGo from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove GoGameGo from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall GoGameGo from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable GoGameGo and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.