What is this threat?
GoodWorldSearch.com is a dubious website, promoted by a browser hijacker. If you find it loading on your browser, that means you have an infection on your computer. Before you become alarmed, browser hijackers are not very dangerous themselves. Your browser’s settings will be changed and the hijacker will attempt to redirect you but otherwise, it will not affect your computer.
Those redirects, however could cause problems. For one, you will be redirected to sponsored sites. Constantly. And some of those redirects could lead you to malicious pages, where malware could be lurking. So it could lead you to malware if you are not careful. This is why we would recommend that you remove GoodWorldSearch.com. What the hijacker does will be explained in more detail later on the article. You should also familiarize yourself with the hijacker spread methods so that you can avoid this infection in the future.
What are the distribution ways?
It should be made clear that you allowed the browser hijacker to enter your computer yourself. It was attached to freeware as an extra offer and you did not notice. The reason you did not see it is because those offers are hidden in Advanced or Custom settings. To avoid those unwanted installations, you need to manually deselect everything that has been added. And only in Advanced will those items become visible. So choose those instead of Default and ensure that you uncheck every box that appear there. Only after you have deselected all extra offers should you continue with the freeware installation.
Why delete GoodWorldSearch.com?
The most obvious answer to that is because it entered your computer without your permission and changed your browser’s settings. Also without authorization. The changes mean that a dubious website will become your homepage and new tabs on all leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. If you try to undo the changes, you will quickly realize that you will not be able to do so because the hijacker will overrule all alterations you make. So you are stuck with a weird homepage until you uninstall GoodWorldSearch.com from your device. Browser hijacker promote dubious search engines and essentially force you to use them but you should avoid them as much as possible. Those search engines will insert sponsored content into the results and you will get redirect to questionable websites. Those sites could be harmless and just aiming to get pay-per-click revenue or they could be harboring malware. If the latter is the case, you could become exposed to some really dangerous malware. Which is why you need to remove GoodWorldSearch.com.
You have two ways to delete GoodWorldSearch.com. There’s the manual way and there’s automatic GoodWorldSearch.com removal. The latter would be recommended because the anti-spyware software would take care of everything. If you try to uninstall GoodWorldSearch.com manually, you might end up missing some crucial item and the hijacker might restore itself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove GoodWorldSearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall GoodWorldSearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like GoodWorldSearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall GoodWorldSearch.com and related programs.
Remove GoodWorldSearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall GoodWorldSearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete GoodWorldSearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove GoodWorldSearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for GoodWorldSearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete GoodWorldSearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase GoodWorldSearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove GoodWorldSearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall GoodWorldSearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable GoodWorldSearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.