Gotofindit.com Removal Instructions
If you are wondering why you see Gotofindit.com every time you go online, you should know that you are dealing with a browser hijacker. Gotofindit.com is classified as a browser hijacker, because it can alter your browser settings without your permission.
It can modify your home page, new tab and default search engine. It can also cause other unwanted changes that will interrupt your Internet surfing. The hijacker is compatible with all major browsers, so once it is in the system, you will not be able to avoid it. If you want to go back to your regular search tools, you should get rid of Gotofindit.com without hesitation.
Where does Gotofindit.com come from?
The reason why you may not know how you ended up with the hijacker is because it uses a deceitful distribution method called bundling. The hijacker travels bundled with freeware and shareware and usually gets installed without the user’s notice. This happens because most computer users do not pay proper attention to the installation wizards of free software. If you want to avoid similar applications in the future, you be more attentive with freeware. Always pick Advanced installation mode and carefully check every step of the installation wizard. If you see any additional offers, decline them. These are usually potentially unwanted and ad-supported programs, which may be presented as useful software, but in reality their only concern is to generate web traffic. We assure you, you do not want them on your PC.
How does Gotofindit.com work?
Gotofindit.com works like any other browser hijacker. Its main symptom is modifying your browser settings, more specifically, your home page and default search provider. This is done in order to present you with sponsored links in your search results. You may also see commercial data on your home page, not to mention that various pop-ups, banners and other types of ads will appear on all other sites that you visit. Since the primary purpose of the hijacker is to expose you to commercial data, it will be presented to you at any given opportunity.
The problem with the advertising content is that not all of it is safe. You will encounter fake ads and corrupted links and get redirected to unreliable webpages. That is the main reason why you should not delay Gotofindit.com removal. If you get tricked by one of the virtual scams brought to you by the hijacker, you will suffer serious consequences. You could waste your money on non-existent products or services, infect your computer with potentially unwanted or even malicious software, disclose your personal details to unreliable parties, and more. If you want to prevent that from happening, you should not waste any time and delete Gotofindit.com right away.
How to remove Gotofindit.com?
There are two options you can choose from, if you wish to eliminate Gotofindit.com from your browsers. One of them is to terminate Gotofindit.com automatically. If you choose automatic removal, you will have to download the anti-malware tool presented on our page and use it to scan your system. The utility will detect all potential threats including the hijacker and its associated application and erase them completely. In addition to Gotofindit.com removal, you will also be making sure that your PC stays safeguarded in the future as the software also functions as a malware prevention tool.
The second option is to delete Gotofindit.com manually. This may be somewhat tricky if you have never dealt with similar issues before. That is why we have prepared a detailed removal guide, which you can find below this article. The guide explains how you can uninstall the hijacker’s related application and restore your browser settings. If you follow it carefully, you should not have any problems with Gotofindit.com removal.
- Move the mouse cursor to the lower-left corner of the screen
- Right-click and select Control Panel
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Choose the unwanted software and click Uninstall
Windows 7 and Vista/Windows XP
- Access Control Panel via Start menu
- Select Uninstall a program/Add or remove programs
- Choose the unwanted application
- Click Uninstall/Remove
Uninstall Gotofindit.com from browsers
- Click on the Gear icon and pick Internet Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab
- Go back to Gear icon and open Manage Add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons
- In Search Providers, erase Gotofindit.com and set a new provider
- Click on Chrome menu, select More tools and go to Extensions
- Remove unwanted extensions and go to Settings
- Choose Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages
- Type in your new home page
- Click on Manage search engines under Search
- Delete Gotofindit.com and set a new default search engine
- Click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons
- In Extensions, delete unwanted browser extensions
- Go back to the menu and select Options
- On the General tab, change your home page
- On the Search tab, remove Gotofindit.com and set a new provider
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Gotofindit.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Gotofindit.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Gotofindit.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.