Gotoinstall.ru is a fake search engine that might fall into the browser hijacker category. Gotoinstall.ru is the same as hundreds of other fake search engines, they all offer to make your browsing experience more pleasant but in reality, it only disturbs it. If you don’t remember downloading Gotoinstall.ru but it still appeared on your computer, you must have installed freeware recently. You might notice that Gotoinstall.ru sets your homepage, new tabs and search engine to its domain. The reason it does that is because these kinds of search engines are created to redirect users to certain websites in order to generate traffic for them. In general, browser hijackers are not very dangerous but if Gotoinstall.ru stays on your computer for a longer period of time, it might cause damage. Don’t hesitate to uninstall Gotoinstall.ru as soon as it makes its appearance.
How did I end up with Gotoinstall.ru?
These kinds of search engines usually travel together with freeware. When you carelessly install freeware, you never know what you might end up installing. A lot of freeware has browser hijackers, adware or other potentially unwanted programs attached to it, so if you install the freeware, you install all items attached to it. There is a way to spot those items, however. If you use Advanced (Custom) settings during the installation process, you will be able to clearly see what the freeware is hiding. If you have Gotoinstall.ru on your computer, you must have installed freeware in Default settings. From now on, use Advanced settings and don’t forget to remove Gotoinstall.ru
Why must I delete Gotoinstall.ru from my computer?
Fake search engines do not benefit you in any way. They will only try to make profit for sponsors by redirecting you to certain websites. In order to do that, Gotoinstall.ru might change your browser’s settings and set your homepage, new tabs and search engine to its domain. You might not be able to change the settings back without having to remove Gotoinstall.ru from your computer. Once it has taken control of your browser, it will start redirecting you. If you use the search engine, you will notice weird results that lead you to sponsored websites. Bear in mind that those websites might not always be safe to visit. You could visit a dangerous domain and end up with malware on your computer. Gotoinstall.ru might also gather your non-personal information, such as search history, websites visited or IP addresses. It might then sell that information to third-parties. It will only bring trouble so do not hesitate to uninstall Gotoinstall.ru.
If you want to manually delete Gotoinstall.ru, you will have to find and get rid of the freeware that brought Gotoinstall.ru to your computer. If you want easy Gotoinstall.ru removal, we suggest you use anti-malware software. Instructions on how to erase Gotoinstall.ru will be provided below.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Gotoinstall.ruUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Gotoinstall.ru. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Gotoinstall.ru and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Gotoinstall.ru and related programs.
Remove Gotoinstall.ru from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Gotoinstall.ru from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Gotoinstall.ru from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Gotoinstall.ru from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Gotoinstall.ru or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Gotoinstall.ru from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Gotoinstall.ru from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Gotoinstall.ru from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Gotoinstall.ru from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Gotoinstall.ru and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.