What is Gotoya.com?
Gotoya.com is a browser hijacker aimed at computer users living in Taiwan. It alters your browser settings upon arrival. The main goal of the hijacker is to generate web traffic. That is how it makes for its developers. It does not have any beneficial features that would make you want to keep it and tolerate its inconveniences. It will flood your browsers with various advertisements and cause redirects to its sponsor websites. If you wish to eliminate these and other annoying symptoms of the hijacker, you will have to get rid of Gotoya.com and its related application.
How does Gotoya.com work?
Gotoya.com gets set as your home page and default search provider as soon as the hijacker enters your system. This website is filled with different links divided into such categories as Music, Movies, Games, Blogs, Sports, News, Shopping, and others. It also presents you with several ads. If you enter a query into the search box presented on the website, you get redirected to Cse.google.com.tw. These results are modified by the hijacker and include sponsored links that do not belong to Google. You should be careful with these results, because they may lead you to unreliable websites.
Following your browser settings modifications, you will also notice other symptoms. One of the more obvious ones is that the hijacker floods you with various ads. These adverts cannot be trusted. Some of them will be completely bogus. Clicking on them may result in serious troubles, including malware infections and financial troubles. It is important that you keep that in mind. The hijacker may also cause redirects to its related domains. These activities will undoubtedly slow down your surfing. There is no question that you should terminate Gotoya.com. The sooner you do that, the sooner you can go back to uninterrupted and safe Internet browsing.
How to remove Gotoya.com?
You can remove Gotoya.com manually or automatically. Manual removal is not that complicated: you will have to uninstall the hijacker’s related app from your PC and then erase Gotoya.com from your browsers. Instructions presented below the article explain these tasks in more detail. The alternative solution is to implement a malware removal tool and use it to clean your PC completely. The anti-malware from our page can help you delete Gotoya.com and other unwanted files and programs without any difficulty. It will scan your computer, detect, and eliminate all potential issues. In addition to Gotoya.com removal, the security software will also provide you with online protection in real time, so that you do not have to deal with similar and more dangerous infections affecting your system in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Gotoya.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Gotoya.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Gotoya.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version. More...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Gotoya.com and related programs.
Remove Gotoya.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Gotoya.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Gotoya.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Gotoya.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Gotoya.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Gotoya.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Gotoya.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Gotoya.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Gotoya.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Gotoya.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.