GuruofSearch.com is a browser hijacker promoting a questionable search engine. The hijacker must have entered your computer when you installed free software. These kinds of unwanted items are usually attached to free software because no one would install them otherwise. They are set to install alongside the freeware, unless the user manually deselect them. Hijackers are not malicious so Guru of Search will not harm your computer. It will, however, change settings and attempt to redirect you to sponsored pages.
By redirecting you, it generates income and that is the main purpose of a hijacker. Those redirects can be highly irritating because you may be led to completely unrelated web pages. You could also be exposed to dangerous content. Since browser hijackers do not filter through the pages they will expose you to, you could easily end up on a malicious one. To be sure that you are not putting your computer in danger, you should uninstall GuruofSearch.com.
How does Guru of Search spread?
Browser hijackers spread via software bundles. They are attached in a way that allows them to install automatically, unless the user deselect them. To install freeware without added items, we suggest you use Advanced or Custom settings. You will be able to check if anything has been added and if there is, you will also be given the option of deselecting it/them. Refrain from using Default settings because you will end up allowing all kinds of unwanted items to install, and we doubt you want that to happen. If you do not want to have to remove GuruofSearch.com or similar again, pay close attention to freeware installations and always use Advanced.
Why delete GuruofSearch.com?
As soon as GuruofSearch.com installs onto your computer, the homepage of all your browsers will be changed. Every time you open your browser, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, you will be redirected to GuruofSearch.com. These changes were carried out without your permission and you will not be able to undo them unless you first uninstall GuruofSearch.com from the computer. You will be provided with a search engine and links to web pages like Yahoo, YouTube, Facebook, eBay, etc. We suggest you avoid using the search engine as it may insert sponsored content into the results. It aims to lead you to sponsored pages so expect to see many of those results. Sometimes browser hijackers can even lead users to malicious pages where malware could be lurking. You could end up with a serious malware infection. There are much more reliable search engines out there, so we suggest you remove GuruofSearch.com.
In order to fully delete GuruofSearch.com, you may need to obtain professional removal software. Manual GuruofSearch.com removal can take up a bit more time as you will have to locate the hijacker yourself. You will find instructions to help you erase GuruofSearch.com below this article. And after you eliminate GuruofSearch.com, you will be able to go back to usual browsing.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove GuruofSearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall GuruofSearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like GuruofSearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall GuruofSearch.com and related programs.
Remove GuruofSearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall GuruofSearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete GuruofSearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove GuruofSearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for GuruofSearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete GuruofSearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase GuruofSearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove GuruofSearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall GuruofSearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable GuruofSearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.