HAKT Radio Removal Tips
HAKT Radio is promoted as a “free Internet broadcast radio service”. The application is supposed to allow you to access content from various stations and listen to your favorite songs in real-time. All you need to do is search for the song, and if it is playing on the radio at that moment, you will be able to listen to it.
This may seem like a useful feature for some computer users, however, you should know that the application is classified as potentially unwanted and ad-supported for several reasons. If you did not download it yourself and instead it just “appeared” on your PC, you should terminate HAKT Radio without hesitation.
How does HAKT Radio work?
The reason it is possible that you did not notice how the program entered your computer is because it gets distributed in free software bundles. When you download freeware that you need onto your computer, you are usually also offered to install additional applications. These apps are rarely useful. In most cases, these are adware or browser hijackers. If you want to avoid them, you need to choose Advanced installation mode and uncheck all boxes with unfamiliar programs. Otherwise, you will have to deal with more potentially unwanted applications in the future.
The main annoying symptom of HAKT Radio is that it floods you with commercial ads. Because it is compatible with most popular web browsers, you will not be able to avoid its effects. You should not click on any of the adverts that are related to the application, because not all of them are safe. The adware does not monitor the content that it presents you with, which means that it could be fake. If you click on a fake ad, you risk landing on a corrupted page and infecting your computer with potentially unwanted or even malicious applications. In order to make sure that that does not happen, you should delete HAKT Radio from your PC.
How to remove HAKT Radio?
There are two options to choose from when it comes to HAKT Radio removal. You can uninstall HAKT Radio manually via Control Panel or use a malware removal tool and erase it automatically. If you choose the first option, you can use the instructions presented below this article. If, however, you want to make sure that you not only delete HAKT Radio, but also clean your system from other potential threats, you should go with automatic removal instead. Download the anti-malware tool from our page and use it to scan your PC. It will detect all issues and remove HAKT Radio along with them. In addition to cleaning your computer, the security software will also help you keep it protected in the future by shielding it from various Internet-based parasites.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove HAKT RadioUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall HAKT Radio. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like HAKT Radio and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall HAKT Radio and related programs.
Remove HAKT Radio from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall HAKT Radio from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete HAKT Radio from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove HAKT Radio from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for HAKT Radio or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete HAKT Radio from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase HAKT Radio from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove HAKT Radio from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall HAKT Radio from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable HAKT Radio and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.