Hamachi-update.msi Removal Tips (Uninstall Hamachi-update.msi)
Hamachi-update.msi is a database file that belongs to an application called LogMeIn Hamachi. This application is promoted as a hosted VPN service that allows you to securely connect devices and networks. With its help, you should be able to create secure virtual networks and work from anywhere you wish. The official website of the the remote access tool, secure.logmein.com, provides you with a free trial and explains the program’s features in more detail. It also presents you with the pricing of the full version of the utility, which ranges from $149/year to $649/year.
Although the software seems to be trustworthy, it also has certain drawbacks. It is possible that that is why you tried to delete it from your PC. If you have experienced issues with LogMeIn Hamachi and Hamachi-update.msi removal, this article can help you solve them.
LogMeIn Hamachi can be downloaded from its official site, however, it is also presented on various third party software hosting pages like download.cnet.com, softonic.com, filehippo.com, and others. If you downloaded it from one of these sites, you may have potentially unwanted programs on your PC. Freeware rarely travels alone. It is often accompanied by unwanted programs like adware or browser hijackers and if you do not pay attention to its installation process, you may agree to adding these programs unwittingly. If that is the case, you should uninstall all potentially unwanted apps from your computer.
If you check LogMeIn Hamachi user reviews, you will see that it has mixed responses. Some users complain about the application’s bugs, poor connectivity (i.e. losing connection), limited control, etc., others have had some issues with the customer service representatives. In general, however, most complaints about the program have to do with the fact that users are unable to uninstall it. If you are one of them, you should move on to the next chapter, which explains how you can get rid of LogMeIn Hamachi and thus eliminate Hamachi-update.msi.
How to remove Hamachi-update.msi?
It is clear that in order to delete Hamachi-update.msi and other components of the program, you need to properly erase the software to which they belong. Unfortunately, it may not be that easy to terminate Hamachi-update.msi related application. If you have already tried to uninstall LogMeIn Hamachi manually via Control Panel and have not been successful, you should go with automatic Hamachi-update.msi removal instead. To remove Hamachi-update.msi automatically, you will have to implement an anti-malware tool. The utility, which you can download from our page, will scan your system and detect all unwanted files and programs. It will not only delete Hamachi-update.msi along with other potential threats, but it will also provide your PC with real-time online protection.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Hamachi-update.msiUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Hamachi-update.msi. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Hamachi-update.msi and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Hamachi-update.msi and related programs.
Remove Hamachi-update.msi from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Hamachi-update.msi from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Hamachi-update.msi from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Hamachi-update.msi from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Hamachi-update.msi or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Hamachi-update.msi from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Hamachi-update.msi from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Hamachi-update.msi from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Hamachi-update.msi from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Hamachi-update.msi and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.